Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

13 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Why not try and get Butler? If Ainge hits up Kyrie and says, hey, if we make Butler a C, will you sign an extension? And the answer to that is any variation to yes, do it. 

I definitely like Butler, and we may end up having to do something, but it wouldn't be my first choice. I like where Boston is at at the moment. Unless this team had a John Stockton like point guard, which we don't, how can all the scores Get Rhythm and be happy

3 hours ago, MookieMonster said:

A big man who can pass, rebound, shoot, post up, take guys off the dribble and defend a little isn’t a bad fit with anybody lol 

Wait and see how Boogie takes LeBron telling him to be a perimeter player. I bet he would not accept that role.

8 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Wait and see how Boogie takes LeBron telling him to be a perimeter player. I bet he would not accept that role.

He shot a lot of perimeter shots with Pels ?‍♀️ Plus Lebron would definitely embrace not having to do work in the post constantly 

15 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Make it 10 million and good chance. And if the Lakers offer him 1 year 10 million? No question he takes it. 

According to reports, nobody made Cousins an offer.  He actually called Bob Myers himself and asked if they would sign him.  He also, according to reports, was the one who brought up the mid level exception.  If this is the case, why Golden State?  That was my whole point.  It wasn't necessarily about only money, he did this because he wants to go into a situation where he's not going to be rushed back at all and he wants to win.

5 minutes ago, showtime said:

According to reports, nobody made Cousins an offer.  He actually called Bob Myers himself and asked if they would sign him.  He also, according to reports, was the one who brought up the mid level exception.  If this is the case, why Golden State?  That was my whole point.  It wasn't necessarily about only money, he did this because he wants to go into a situation where he's not going to be rushed back at all and he wants to win.

I think Boogie is exaggerating saying he got no offers. I'm sure he did, just not any that blew him away. And clearly he was only interested in a one year deal so he could show everyone he is back to form and hit the market in 2019. 

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I think Boogie is exaggerating saying he got no offers. I'm sure he did, just not any that blew him away. And clearly he was only interested in a one year deal so he could show everyone he is back to form and hit the market in 2019. 

Yes, but he called the Warriors and he agreed to the mid-level exception with them.  According to reports, the other team he was considering was the Celtics.  I guess he called them or was going to call them next.  Why didn't he call the Orlando Magic or another bottom feeding team?  Because he probably wouldn't have the ability to not be rushed at all and he damn sure would not win.  With the Warriors he can take all the time he needs because they will still win a title even with extremely little participation from Cousins.

2 hours ago, MookieMonster said:

I mean they really didn’t do anything except let KD and Boogie came drooling to them lol

You build it and they will come .

Kerr ( a lot of people didn’t think it was a good move)

draymond , Curry , Klay 

Resigning curry to a team friendly contract despite the ankles 

not trading for love .

iggy signing (over Dwight Howard)

kd signing 

1 minute ago, Winnie The Bish said:

You build it and they will come .

Kerr ( a lot of people didn’t think it was a good move)

draymond , Curry , Klay 

Resigning curry to a team friendly contract despite the ankles 

not trading for love .

iggy signing (over Dwight Howard)

kd signing 

Revisionist history to the FULLEST. I don't remember anyone bashing the Kerr signing. They looked out with Curry, they offered him and Ellis to the Bucks. Bucks made the wrong choice. Klay and Draymond were great picks. Iggy signing was really bad and they're lucky they drafted so well or that would've handicapped them severely. KD and Boogie were gift wrapped FA signings.

4 minutes ago, showtime said:

Yes, but he called the Warriors and he agreed to the mid-level exception with them.  According to reports, the other team he was considering was the Celtics.  I guess he called them or was going to call them next.  Why didn't he call the Orlando Magic or another bottom feeding team?  Because he probably wouldn't have the ability to not be rushed at all and he damn sure would not win.  With the Warriors he can take all the time he needs because they will still win a title even with extremely little participation from Cousins.

Pelicans had multiple sign and trade talks that would've paid him 12-17M. Boogie saying he got no offers his him being a whiny baby. He salty no one offered him a full max so he went full petty and signed an MLE with the Warriors.

Archived