2018 NHL Draft Thread

flyers0909

On 6/13/2018 at 12:32 PM, The Gnat said:

Who could fall to the Wild who has scoring upside?

It really depends on what type of scoring upside you want. A lot of the guys in that area are going to have the scoring upside. Your spot is right around where I would anticipate Ryan Mcleod going. His brother Michael was a former first round pick and is one of the better prospects in the Devils farm system (which is pretty good), and I think Ryan is probably better than Michael coming out. 

If Kupari happens to fall down to that spot, I would have to think that he's going to be high on that list. He's not ready for the NHL, but certainly has some great offensive upside. 

On 6/13/2018 at 2:32 PM, The Gnat said:

Who could fall to the Wild who has scoring upside?

Dominik Bokk

Kid could be a major talent or he could flame out hard but the skill is there. He's just a bit of a prima donna. If he tried all the time, he'd go top 5 IMO.

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Who do you guys think is the lowest possible selection that could legitimately be NHL ready? Is it Kravtsov? 

Only guys are Dahlin, Svech, and maybe Zadina.  Tkachuk I guess too has a slight chance but I think he'd have to leave BU to even attend camp. 

Might have a late guy squeak in there but everyone other than Dahlin and Svech should go back to their respective leagues for another year IMO. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Would you prefer Kravtsov or Smith?

Don't ask me that lol

I'm torn tbh. We need an impact defenseman but you have to go BPA and it's very arguable that Kravtsov is BPA. Hell, I'm not even sure I wouldn't consider Bokk BPA at our pick if he wasn't such a damn diva.

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 12:58 AM, flyers0909 said:

I'm fully on board the Kravtsov at 14 train. 

When I first started doing some research I really wanted Kotkanemi at 14 and Kravstov at 19....then Pronman's rankings came out with Kotkanemi in the top 10 and the hype train hasn't stopped for him.

I'd love to get Kravstov at 14...at 19 I've seen Dobson drop in quite a few of the most recent draft lists, if we could steal him it'd be a catch.

3 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

...at 19 I've seen Dobson drop in quite a few of the most recent draft lists, if we could steal him it'd be a catch.

Also, knowing that Dobson is a pipedream I think I'd like the Flyers to take a shot into that second tier of defenseman as opposed to the high floor/low ceiling offensive talent in the teens. Bode Wilde is a big two way defenseman with a righty shot. He would fit right into the defenseman pipeline very nicely.

16 hours ago, flyers0909 said:

Only guys are Dahlin, Svech, and maybe Zadina.  Tkachuk I guess too has a slight chance but I think he'd have to leave BU to even attend camp. 

Might have a late guy squeak in there but everyone other than Dahlin and Svech should go back to their respective leagues for another year IMO. 

Pretty much nailed it.  Its Dahlin and Svech. Tkachuck has already openly stated that he wants to finish at BU. Zadina had a damn good first year in the Q but I'd give him another year to completely dominate rather than pull him over to the big leagues immediately, that said he could probably make the jump if he was drafted by a super needy team.

5 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

Also, knowing that Dobson is a pipedream I think I'd like the Flyers to take a shot into that second tier of defenseman as opposed to the high floor/low ceiling offensive talent in the teens. Bode Wilde is a big two way defenseman with a righty shot. He would fit right into the defenseman pipeline very nicely.

Seeing Wilde to the devils a lot. I'm sort of meh on him. Nothing negative on him, just not completely enamored with him. 

Archived