S Earl Thomas announces hold-out in final year of contract, won't attend mandatory OTA's

Broncofan

On 6/11/2018 at 12:04 PM, Darth Pees said:

Bobby Wagner has been at all team activities as far as I recall. Earl Thomas is a good player, but he's not close to being their best player and losing him isn't going to hurt them as much as people think.

My bad, i dropped the ball there

He really doesnt have a leg to stand on when you consider the safety market. We have more young depth then people care to notice at the safety position as well. it would do us no good at all to trade him for nothing, if he hits the market we will get a 3rd round pick

With Andre Hal done for the season with lymphoma, I wouldn't mind the Texans making a call - a S combo of Tyrann Mathieu and Earl Thomas is something you'd only get in Madden, and it would allow Justin Reid to come along slowly vs being pressed into action immediately. It would also pay some dividends with that 2nd Seattle gave up in the Duane Brown trade - gotta think a Seattle D isn't as functional without Thomas back there.

Make the call, Gaine.

On 6/22/2018 at 12:43 PM, EliteTexan80 said:

With Andre Hal done for the season with lymphoma, I wouldn't mind the Texans making a call - a S combo of Tyrann Mathieu and Earl Thomas is something you'd only get in Madden, and it would allow Justin Reid to come along slowly vs being pressed into action immediately. It would also pay some dividends with that 2nd Seattle gave up in the Duane Brown trade - gotta think a Seattle D isn't as functional without Thomas back there.

Make the call, Gaine.

As someone that plays you twice, I’m gonna disagree. Put down the phone Gaine

Archived