Dumbest Coach Quotes

BleedTheClock

I hated when a coach says “we need to get him the ball more”. Like then give him ball more. The head coach has the power to do so then go do it and not just talk about it. 

Last offseason Hue Jackson said he wanted to run the ball more with Crowell. He only had two more rushing attempts in 2017 than he had in 2016. Really??? Like that baffles me. 

Being a Rams fan I know McVay got asked a ton about not sticking to the run against Seattle Week 5 and then the Philly game especially on that drive where Goff fumbled. Well after Gurley was fed a ton against Seattle and the Rams blew them out in the second meeting, McVay actually said that’s why he feels like an idiot for not giving Gurley the ball more. So I wish more coaches can not just admit they are dumb for not giving their best player the ball more but actually doing so. Doesn’t do any good just talking about it.

"You are what your record says you are". I think that was from Parcells, and I never liked that one. The NFL has such a small sample size of regular season games, in addition to having injuries to a key player like QB, that turns an 12-4 to even a 2-14 team. Record is just not the best way to measure a team's success. 

9 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

"You are what your record says you are". I think that was from Parcells, and I never liked that one.

Strongly disagree. 

Making excuses is pointless. If you can't overcome obstacles or hurdles, then you deserve to be where you wind up. Nearly every team, every year goes through trials and tribulations, good teams can overcome those and compensate for their flaws.

I'll post a variety of sports coaching quote:

"Any time Detroit scores more than 100 points and holds the other team below 100 points, they almost always win."

~Doug Collins, Philadephia 76ers

"It's not like we came down from Mount Sinai with the tabloids." (on whether his staff could lead the Colts to the promised land)

~Indianapolis Colts HC Ron Meyer

24 minutes ago, Danger said:

Strongly disagree. 

Making excuses is pointless. If you can't overcome obstacles or hurdles, then you deserve to be where you wind up. Nearly every team, every year goes through trials and tribulations, good teams can overcome those and compensate for their flaws.

Basically this; until the NFL starts using DVOA as one of their tiebreakers, your team's record is essentially their bottom line (until you get to the playoffs).

While it's obvious what he was *trying* to say, no thread of this sort is complete without this one from Raheem Morris:

“Training camp is a little bit different. You know to me, that’s when you establish the men. You know you take off your underwear. You put on your big boy pads. And you put your face on people. And that’s what training camp is about.”

5 minutes ago, JudeMorrigan said:

While it's obvious what he was *trying* to say, no thread of this sort is complete without this one from Raheem Morris:

“Training camp is a little bit different. You know to me, that’s when you establish the men. You know you take off your underwear. You put on your big boy pads. And you put your face on people. And that’s what training camp is about.”

Sounds more like summer camp to me.

Archived