Dumbest Coach Quotes

BleedTheClock

8 hours ago, Danger said:

Strongly disagree. 

Making excuses is pointless. If you can't overcome obstacles or hurdles, then you deserve to be where you wind up. Nearly every team, every year goes through trials and tribulations, good teams can overcome those and compensate for their flaws.

Do you also not think there is luck involved in football?

Isaiah Crowell hit a run of over 50 yards vs the Ravens last season. It required a lot of weaving through the defense. Crowell didn't get the ball for the rest of the game and had 5 rushes for 70+ yards. 

Hue Jackson stated anyone could of got through that hole.

no, no they couldn't have. 

5 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Isaiah Crowell hit a run of over 50 yards vs the Ravens last season. It required a lot of weaving through the defense. Crowell didn't get the ball for the rest of the game and had 5 rushes for 70+ yards. 

Hue Jackson stated anyone could of got through that hole.

no, no they couldn't have. 

A little south on I71, we feel you.  Mixon had a game with 70+ yards in the first half and no carries after the half.  Marvin has done it to AJ Green before too, saying something along the lines of "Well, AJ was hot, so we knew they would slide coverage his way" and wouldn't target him in the second half.  One was actually in a playoiff game vs. Houston.

19 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

A little south on I71, we feel you.  Mixon had a game with 70+ yards in the first half and no carries after the half.  Marvin has done it to AJ Green before too, saying something along the lines of "Well, AJ was hot, so we knew they would slide coverage his way" and wouldn't target him in the second half.  One was actually in a playoiff game vs. Houston.

haha AJ Green is basically the prototype WR that comes around once every 5 years or less (except two his year) and you don't throw him the ball in the playoffs. I wonder if Marvin and the Red Rocket are costing him a HOF career for a very good career. 

1 minute ago, Kiwibrown said:

haha AJ Green is basically the prototype WR that comes around once every 5 years or less (except two his year) and you don't throw him the ball in the playoffs. I wonder if Marvin and the Red Rocket are costing him a HOF career for a very good career. 

N ot throwing to AJ in a playoff helps elabotate on why Lewis is 0-7 in the playoffs

5 hours ago, JudeMorrigan said:

While it's obvious what he was *trying* to say, no thread of this sort is complete without this one from Raheem Morris:

“Training camp is a little bit different. You know to me, that’s when you establish the men. You know you take off your underwear. You put on your big boy pads. And you put your face on people. And that’s what training camp is about.”

Did he have Jerry Sandusky on his staff?

3 hours ago, Danger said:

Law of averages. Even across a season, it balances out. Good teams beat bad luck.

I think you misunderstood the point of my post. I was talking about records denoting the quality of a team. For instance, in 1998, were the 14-2 Falcons on the same level as the 14-2 Broncos? They had the same record, but I don't think many people would believe they were in the same level, even before Atlanta got crushed in the Super Bowl.

Judging a team by just record doesn't take into account schedule, injuries, or the hundreds of snaps that occurred throughout the season. Or point differential. All you're taking is the final result of those 16 games, not how the results were achieved, and deciding on a surface level how good a team is. It's really just a lazy way of analyzing a team.

Which is why I think the quote is stupid. You aren't always what your record says you are as a team.

3 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

I think you misunderstood the point of my post. I was talking about records denoting the quality of a team. For instance, in 1998, were the 14-2 Falcons on the same level as the 14-2 Broncos? They had the same record, but I don't think many people would believe they were in the same level, even before Atlanta got crushed in the Super Bowl.

Judging a team by just record doesn't take into account schedule, injuries, or the hundreds of snaps that occurred throughout the season. Or point differential. All you're taking is the final result of those 16 games, not how the results were achieved, and deciding on a surface level how good a team is. It's really just a lazy way of analyzing a team.

Which is why I think the quote is stupid. You aren't always what your record says you are as a team.

Yep. 

If you are what your record says you are, I want a re-do in 2007 (10-6 Giants vs 16-0 Patriots).

Archived