FIFA Ultimate Pro - First Ever MMORPSG (Idea)

(I first had this though weeks ago, and have been considering it ever since. It's time that I put it out here and test its validity.)

Right now, FIFA is a great franchise with a strong product: the game is one of the best examples of building onto strengths and correcting weaknesses. Keeping on this path is logical, as it's far from broken and will continue to see success. I just think it's time for FIFA to expand, emerge and evolve, with a groundbreaking solo title centered on shifting the spotlight to the pro himself... to the gamer. The first massively multiplayer online role-playing sports game.

FIFA Ultimate Pro.

The premise is simple: pull Online Be A Pro away from the yearly FIFA release and make it its own living experience, one with constant updates and improvements. When considering the following points, picture the current Online Be A Pro structure with the below changes:

- The created player cannot be renamed. Cap (5) on players per account.

- Skills gain on a .1 increment, starting in the mid 30s, with an individual skill cap of 95. Starting skills depend on the player's chosen position and style. Skill categories of Primary and Secondary. Secondary skills are limited by the player's position and style, and have a much lower ceiling and combined cap than Primary skills.

- Items provide bonuses to individual or all skills in a +1 (common), +3 (uncommon) or +5 (rare) increment. Items include headgear, long sleeves, sweatbands, gloves, tall socks, ankle wraps, and boots. Each item can be toggled to show or hide for aesthetic purposes.

- Player and team sponsorship. Player and team performances open up sponsorship opportunities, which provide funds to the player or team on a weekly basis. (Main sponsors are large patches on the front of a player's jersey, while additional sponsors would be small patches on various areas of the jersey). Sponsorships are offered at the end of each week, and are based on the performance of the previous week. Player funds can be put towards gear, while team funds are spent on scouting, stadium upgrades and player purchases.

- "Footballers' Daily". Imagine: a daily online in-game newspaper featuring player performances, on-the-rise teams, tournament results and top goals. Would be easy to generate: take the top rating from performances, games or goals and have them automatically posted for all players to see. It would be pretty awesome to see your unique player's face, jersey, sponsor and name at the login page after a day where you had some huge plays.

- In-depth team creation and customization. A team (minimum 3 players) would be able to save and spend funds on playing fields, computer players (scouting/trading), kit improvements and marketing. Example: moving the team from playing at a local park, to a local stadium, to building their own stadium. Fans for matches generate funds. In addition, computer players could be scouted and traded for to fill out a roster. (Terrible computer players are often a disappointing aspect of Online Be A Pro. Instead, the team could save and scout or sign players that fit certain styles or help compliment the team.)

- A variety of game modes, ranging from Pick Up Games (credit only given for games completed and games won and not individual skill gain, no party or team, unlimited games each day) and Competitive Matches (credit towards all skills for actions completed, no party or team, two games each day) to Team Tournaments (credit towards all skills for actions completed, human teams, four games total, item rewards for each game won, weekend only) and Team Season Challenges (credit towards all skills for actions completed, human teams, season-like structure versus computer "super teams", rewards for overall standings). Special challenges would be made and released throughout the months/year. Just the beginning of this... would be expanded considerably.

- Player physical training. Add different repetitive exercises in the mold of Fable's "work" activities, which only increase the player's physical stats: speed, agility, stamina, strength, agility, jumping, etc. Minor increase, daily cap on overall physical training.

- Player skill challenges. Taking the mini-challenges from the FIFA franchise and feature them as training opportunities. Completing each provides a permanent skill bonus. Toss in a few that are extremely difficult for notable bonuses or gear. (Example: make 5 free kicks in a row, from different angles, against World Class computer players).

Instead of being released yearly, have it feature a yearly subscription cost for online game modes. (I'd bet that fans would be more than willing to spend $29.99 each year to play such a game.)

The above ideas only scratch the surface as to what this would be. I know the FIFA fanbase and EA professionals could develop these thoughts far better than I'd be able to.

These are just a few ideas as to what I feel would be a huge worldwide soccer gaming experience.

Archived