Earl Thomas Situation (Leg Fracture)

showtime

7 hours ago, animaltested said:

Well I hope the Tedric Thompson hyping up is not hot air. Would hate to Dion Bailey 2.0. 

If something happens, hope it happens soon. 

Agreed.  I really want Thomas on the roster, but if they are going to trade him then it needs to be asap.  Should have already happened.

• 3 weeks later...

This is interesting.  Looks like Thomas may not be traded unless something drastic happens between now and the start of the season.  If Thomas says, when will he play.... will he ever play for the Seahawks again?  How close are him and the team at reaching a long term deal?

This situation is really weird because of how Thomas has acted over the past 8+ months.  We never saw Aaron Donald or Khalil Mack openly campaign for teams to trade for them, like Earl Thomas did.  Nobody does that.  Kind of seems like Thomas was willing to burn bridges with the Seahawks and some fans, so it will be interesting to see him essentially forced to return.

On 9/2/2018 at 10:43 AM, showtime said:

This is interesting.  Looks like Thomas may not be traded unless something drastic happens between now and the start of the season.  If Thomas says, when will he play.... will he ever play for the Seahawks again?  How close are him and the team at reaching a long term deal?

This situation is really weird because of how Thomas has acted over the past 8+ months.  We never saw Aaron Donald or Khalil Mack openly campaign for teams to trade for them, like Earl Thomas did.  Nobody does that.  Kind of seems like Thomas was willing to burn bridges with the Seahawks and some fans, so it will be interesting to see him essentially forced to return.

So basically he would of been traded by now for the right offer i like that they aren't trading him for peanuts now let's see if he is willing to lose game checks.

6 hours ago, DaBoys said:

You let us have him this instant. Hand him over!

Reports are the Cowboys offered a second round pick and the Seahawks declined.  That seems like more than a fair offer for people here who were projecting he would get traded for less than that.

1 hour ago, showtime said:

Reports are the Cowboys offered a second round pick and the Seahawks declined.  That seems like more than a fair offer for people here who were projecting he would get traded for less than that.

That's what I mean. Give him up already. We did what you asked.

5 hours ago, Ryan_W said:

does his trade value increase if the interested team is performing poorly and needs absolutely anything to reverse their fortunes?

what Jerry wants he gets, no matter the price...?

is that the strategy

I'm not sure.  I'm thinking that, for what the Seahawks want for Thomas, a contender would more than likely be interested.  For example, the Cowboys were dreadful yesterday.... adding Earl Thomas wouldn't help that very much.  Their offense was horrendous and the more they lose the less likely they will trade for a guy like Thomas.

Now, if the Cowboys turn it around and start winning and they feel like Thomas is the missing piece because their safeties are bad, then I could maybe see a trade.  The thing is, Seattle is really pushing it wanting a first rounder or multiple picks.

Archived