Earl Thomas Situation (Leg Fracture)

showtime

https://sports.yahoo.com/heres-trade-market-earl-thomas-looks-like-4-teams-213354430.html

“I need to make sure my body is 100 and I’m invested in myself. If they was invested in me, I’d be out there practicing, but if I feel like anything – I don’t give a damn if it’s small, I got a headache – I’m not practicing.” 

The four teams the article list are:  Raiders, Falcons, Chiefs and Cowboys.

trading him for Bell seems good IF Bell had ET's early career work ethic

probably a real bad idea; but man, wouldn't it be nice to get some extra offense

much better to reward the players that come off rookie contracts than sign a proven product that has had escalating demands and is used to them being met.

can dream about being a Saints team winning 42-35 every game

17 hours ago, Ryan_W said:

trading him for Bell seems good IF Bell had ET's early career work ethic

probably a real bad idea; but man, wouldn't it be nice to get some extra offense

much better to reward the players that come off rookie contracts than sign a proven product that has had escalating demands and is used to them being met.

can dream about being a Saints team winning 42-35 every game

What's wrong with Bell's work ethic?  Bell is an elite player.

I'm not too familiar with him. I thought he was an elite player but that he had team issues. there's probably all kinds of holdouts.

I'd prefer cheap. The number of times that teams play #1 salary at position and get 'value' out of that signing is almost never.

I fee bad for the guy but this possibility is part of the contract you signed.. You had 1-year left on your deal. Yes, NFL players arguably aren’t given fair compensation. Yes, he deserved more money. Yes, we should’ve traded him and gotten value while we could. And yes, another team may have given him the money he deserved.

Everybody acted accordingly. It sucks for ET and I overlook the flipping off cause he deserved to be pissed off. But if he got his extension and then got injured? He’d be getting guaranteed money for years and potentially not playing them... there’s no regret on the Seahawks behalf outside of the fact that we didn’t trade him while we could. 

As a fan, I really wish it didn’t end this way though. 

trying to fleece Dallas, which was his trade-destination of choice probably soured him with impatience.

All our best-laid plans ruined by crazy Jerry showing restraint.

Seahawks don't have a pretty team right now, but it was a great backdrop to showcase his talent for 'the big contract' coming up. he was gonna put up career numbers

it's a terrible loss.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2019 at 5:10 PM, N4L said:

Cowboys don't have the money to pay him, but there is this team in the NFCW that is tired of losing to you guys that has 70 million dollars in cap space :ph34r:

I was just coming in here to post that Thomas could sign with the Niners.

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/If-Money-Isnt-Right-in-Dallas-Thomas-Could-be-a-49er-506982571.html

Archived