The Elder Scrolls 6

3 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

Considering he confirmed it's AFTER starfield and even starfield is still at least a year (likely more) away.... My guess is we won't see this game before 2021 or so 

It follows what we’ve been expecting. I figured we could discuss and post what we know.

2 minutes ago, HighHopes said:

I don't know if this really needs it's own thread lol. It was literally a title card. I'll let it run though, people can discuss what they want to see and stuff.

The hype got me.

7 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

Considering he confirmed it's AFTER starfield and even starfield is still at least a year (likely more) away.... My guess is we won't see this game before 2021 or so 

Eh that's fine. More time means a more excellent game 

Honestly, the mention is still way more than I thought we'd get. Anything official is a pleasant surprise there, so thanks Bethesda. But yeah, maybe 2020 or so is about the earliest I'd see this happening. Fallout 76 is obviously their big focus now and this year. Starfield is supposed to be coming before ES6, but even it just had a teaser, so optimistically maybe it has a trailer next E3 and hits very late 2019 or early 2020, at the best. So MAYBE, very optimistically, we could get an ES6 trailer in E3 2020, and a launch in late 2020. 2021 is probably more real, but who knows. Anything still beats nothing. And if Starfield turns out good that can certainly tide us over.

2 hours ago, Geek said:

I hope they're using a new engine. They did say Starfield was going to be for next-generation hardware so I expect ES6 will run on the same engine as that.

Would be interesting if they never made a ES game for this gen of consoles 

Skyrim was decent, but I honestly never got why people loved these games so much.  Gameplay is so meh IMO.   Even with the incredible effort that obviously went into the game, the gameplay always prevented me from really getting into it.

If they improved that aspect for the next one, I might get into it.....but I doubt they completely overhaul it.

32 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Skyrim was decent, but I honestly never got why people loved these games so much.  Gameplay is so meh IMO.   Even with the incredible effort that obviously went into the game, the gameplay always prevented me from really getting into it.

If they improved that aspect for the next one, I might get into it.....but I doubt they completely overhaul it.

They've completely overhauled TES between each game.

2 hours ago, animaltested said:

Looks like Hammerfell and/or Highrock. So... Daggerfall 2?

It probably is another human province. But I really hope it's Elsweyr. Let's get weird in a beast province. The hype is real. They could do it.

Archived