The Elder Scrolls 6

4 minutes ago, cddolphin said:
8 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

I only played a couple hours of Witcher 3 and couldn't get into it. I guess I just wasn't in the mood

Like RPGs/fantasy? Give it another try. It kind of throws you in the middle of a complex plot but the way it's presented is done really well, IMO. I never played the first two.

I wasn't in love with the combat the first time I ran across the skeleton things. I did a few missions and I didn't dislike it, I just wasn't into it. Frame of mind probably. I'll probably play it eventually, I've heard nothing but great things, which is why I got the complete edition in the first place (and it was like $30)

12 hours ago, cddolphin said:

Like RPGs/fantasy? Give it another try. It kind of throws you in the middle of a complex plot but the way it's presented is done really well, IMO. I never played the first two.

I never liked Witcher series tbh. I invested in games with characters like Kotor, or Dragon Age 1 and 2 which I thought did a phenomenal job with them. But the Witcher series just rubbed me the wrong way with game play for some reason. 

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

It's not illegal, it's just wrong.

Yeah, I'm not understanding the controls / menus complaints.

There are more combat options, and more immediately-accessible combat options, in the Witcher than any Bethesda game.

They both have normal (or quick) attack and a strong attack. Both have jump. Both must temporarily pause action to switch between spells.

Only in the Witcher can you consume potions/buffs without having to open a menu. Only the witcher has a dodge mechanic, and a parry mechanic.

Skyrim had shouts; that's the only extra thing (and a very cool one).

1 minute ago, cddolphin said:

Yeah, I'm not understanding the controls / menus complaints.

There are more combat options, and more immediately-accessible combat options, in the Witcher than any Bethesda game.

They both have normal (or quick) attack and a strong attack. Both have jump. Both must temporarily pause action to switch between spells.

Only in the Witcher can you consume potions/buffs without having to open a menu. Only the witcher has a dodge mechanic, and a parry mechanic.

Skyrim had shouts; that's the only extra thing (and a very cool one).

The biggest complaint I have about any Bethesda game, even more so in the Elder scrolls, is the absolutely moronic AI. It's more apparent in Elder Scrolls because more than half of the enemies are melee based without a form of ranged attack, so you stand on something a couple feet off the ground and they don't know what to do. Or you just jump over a table and the AI will run in circles forever.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

The biggest complaint I have about any Bethesda game, even more so in the Elder scrolls, is the absolutely moronic AI. It's more apparent in Elder Scrolls because more than half of the enemies are melee based without a form of ranged attack, so you stand on something a couple feet off the ground and they don't know what to do. Or you just jump over a table and the AI will run in circles forever.

Sure. But The Witcher 3 came out four years after Skyrim.

On 6/19/2018 at 10:29 AM, JBURGE25 said:

I wasn't in love with the combat the first time I ran across the skeleton things. I did a few missions and I didn't dislike it, I just wasn't into it. Frame of mind probably. I'll probably play it eventually, I've heard nothing but great things, which is why I got the complete edition in the first place (and it was like $30)

The Witcher has a bit more of a barrier to entry than most games in it's genre, I think. A coworker convinced me to play it, and when I had doubts convinced me to stick with it. It wasn't until I got out of the first area or region or whatever that I really got into it. That first area is borderline a tutorial area, because you need some time and experiences to figure out how you want to go about things. And it actually requires a bit of learning about your targets and enemy types before taking on any sort of boss (I remember getting bodied by some ghost in a graveyard pretty early on because I didn't know what I was doing.) Honestly I think it's the only game I can remember playing where the in-game bestiary was actually immensely helpful.

Once I got through the first area and the plot actually started going, and the real open world opened up, I got rolling pretty smoothly and it was amazing from there. But it took a bit of a push through the start to get going. 

18 hours ago, Jakuvious said:
On 6/19/2018 at 11:29 AM, JBURGE25 said:

The Witcher has a bit more of a barrier to entry than most games in it's genre, I think. A coworker convinced me to play it, and when I had doubts convinced me to stick with it. It wasn't until I got out of the first area or region or whatever that I really got into it. That first area is borderline a tutorial area, because you need some time and experiences to figure out how you want to go about things. And it actually requires a bit of learning about your targets and enemy types before taking on any sort of boss (I remember getting bodied by some ghost in a graveyard pretty early on because I didn't know what I was doing.) Honestly I think it's the only game I can remember playing where the in-game bestiary was actually immensely helpful.

Once I got through the first area and the plot actually started going, and the real open world opened up, I got rolling pretty smoothly and it was amazing from there. But it took a bit of a push through the start to get going. 

Dude that ghost in the graveyard is exactly what I was talking about lmao it like one-shotted me. 

4 hours ago, JBURGE25 said:

Dude that ghost in the graveyard is exactly what I was talking about lmao it like one-shotted me. 

I learned the combat super fast. I played on Death March. It got a bit repetitive but it wasn't difficult.

"Dodge-Dodge-Dodge-FastHit-FastHit-FastHit-FastHit" Rinse and repeat.

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone who hasn't played a TES game before I suggest trying to look for Skyrim during the summer and fall sales on steam.

Still a bunch of modding going on to show what it will be like for TES 6. Here's something from a few weeks back that will still be worked on years from now.

Archived