Cyberpunk 2077

Geek

Just now, showtime said:

Yeah, you can probably play the PS4 Cyberpunk disk on the PS5, but what people are concerned about is there will eventually be a graphically updated version of Cyberpunk that gets released on the PS5.  Would they have to pay for that?  In the past, gamers did have to pay.  When GTA 5 came out on the PS3, you had to pay like $20 to upgrade to the enhanced PS4 version of the game.

I'd imagine Sony will match microsoft and let it be free.

Or offer an alternative like X amounts of PS+ for free. 

2 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

If Sony doesn't match this offer, they will be screwed. We saw last gen that a bad lead up to the release can really impact the life of the console. 

I agree and so do a lot of other people.  The thing is, Sony is so far ahead (look at PS4 sales vs Xbox One sales) that they might not need or care to match this.  Sony has shown their willingness to do this in the past.  Most recently, they were heavily against cross play for the longest time.  It wasn't until recently that they full got on board with it.  I play Smite and PS4 would not allow cross play with the Xbox, Switch or PC for a long time.  There was huge outcry from Sony's fanbase so that + other factors made them change.

7 minutes ago, showtime said:

I agree and so do a lot of other people.  The thing is, Sony is so far ahead (look at PS4 sales vs Xbox One sales) that they might not need or care to match this.  Sony has shown their willingness to do this in the past.  Most recently, they were heavily against cross play for the longest time.  It wasn't until recently that they full got on board with it.  I play Smite and PS4 would not allow cross play with the Xbox, Switch or PC for a long time.  There was huge outcry from Sony's fanbase so that + other factors made them change.

We'll see man. A lot of Sony's PS4 success (I think, do not have numbers to back it up) came from 360 owners jumping ship atthe awful XB1 launch. I was one of those people. Microsoft definitely seems to be on the ball with the launch this far out

5 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

We'll see man. A lot of Sony's PS4 success (I think, do not have numbers to back it up) came from 360 owners jumping ship atthe awful XB1 launch. I was one of those people. Microsoft definitely seems to be on the ball with the launch this far out

I was as well.  I bought the PS4 first.  Eventually got both consoles over time.

17 hours ago, JBURGE said:

Some of this, some of I just enjoyed the PS4 exclusives more.

• 3 months later...

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/cyberpunk-2077s-delay-will-also-push-back-multiplayer-and-dlc-expansions/ 

Cyberpunk 2077’s latest two-month delay will also push back the release of its post-release DLC expansions and multiplayer mode.

That’s according to CD Projekt Red’s VP of business development Michał Nowakowski, who told investors in a conference call on Thursday that Cyberpunk 2077’s post-release content would likely be “proportionately” delayed.

Cyberpunk 2077 has been delayed to November 19. It marks a second delay for the game this year, after it slipped from its originally targeted April release to September.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Sucks, but just want it to be great. So they can take as much time as they need.

I think I am just going to get the Series X at launch at this point. Will be able to play Halo, AC Valhalla and this in the best way possible.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Cyberpunk-2077-No-Vacancy-e1570482474134

- Talk to ANY NPC

- Not where near as clunky as W3

- You always have control, you can just walk away from dialogues etc

-  One mission had 7 different outcomes depending on the options taken by player

- World is so f detailed

- Day night cycle = 1 hour is 8 game hours. You can skip to night and there be no loading screens, noticeably fewer people out at night

- It didn't feel overwhelming for her (in terms of quests). Not as cluttered as Ubisoft games

- Optional tasks within missions - will change the entire outcome of the mission; need to put a lot of thought into choices

- HUD is based on your in-game cybernetic enhancements. So e.g if you want to see your ammo count, you need that cyber upgrade on your body/internal somewhere

- She says with caution given only a few hours of gameplay, but this is the most detailed and visually stunning open world game she can think of 

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 7

31 minutes ago, showtime said:

I wonder how insanely demanding this game will be to play on PC.

Well it's being built to be able to be played on 7 year old consoles so honestly it shouldn't be that bad. I'm sure even a mid range PC built within the least few years will be able to run it just fine some of them just won't be able to play on ultra settings.

Edited by rob_shadows
  • Like 1