Cyberpunk 2077

Geek

I will say this.  The game looks great.  However, it was announced in 2012.  The first time we saw a trailer for the game was in very early 2013.  I'm tired of seeing stuff about this game.  Give us a solid release date or get out of here.

Actually, a solid release date.... Who am I kidding?  How about a release year?  No.  Oh, alright then.

15 hours ago, showtime said:

I will say this.  The game looks great.  However, it was announced in 2012.  The first time we saw a trailer for the game was in very early 2013.  I'm tired of seeing stuff about this game.  Give us a solid release date or get out of here.

Actually, a solid release date.... Who am I kidding?  How about a release year?  No.  Oh, alright then.

They've told you since the beginning the release year, 2077. 

• Like 4

I mean yeah we've been seeing stuff since 2013? That's how long game development takes. Not every studio has $200M and 1,200 people working on a project. Video games on the scope of this take a lot of time, effort and energy. People forget how long active development takes. We haven't seen anything from this game until this year other than a short teaser proof of concept in 2013 until this year, regardless. So why are you upset? Witcher 3 had a 4 year development cycle and wasn't nearly as ambitious as Cyberpunk, which is also being cross developed for hardware likely beyond what the PS4 and XBOne can handle adequately.

On 8/30/2018 at 3:22 PM, Mossburg said:

I don't care when they release it, as long as it's the masterpiece that we expect it to be. There's plenty of other stuff to play until then.

Totally agree with you and given all of the comments CD Projekt Red has made int he past about quality and the importance of releasing a finished complete project I assume they are doing that. One of the only game developers today that I have total faith in delivering. 

• 1 year later...

Not really surprising this game got pushed back.  Square Enix just announced two of their titles got pushed back, too.  I was already considering skipping out on Cyberpunk 2077 at launch because I'm saving up for a PS5 (or maybe Xbox Series X) at launch.  However, this news pretty much confirms I'm holding off.  September is way too close to the launch of the new consoles.