Cyberpunk 2077

Geek

8 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I'm sad, but not upset. Take the time to make it as good as it can be. 

September seems to be ok, but I wish if they were going to delay it, they could delay it past the PS5 release date so I could just get it for that.... 

they are probably gonna release a patch to upgrade it on PS5, right? I can't imagine the release their long awaited game on the old gen just as the new gen comes out...

2 hours ago, Heimdallr said:
2 hours ago, JBURGE said:

September seems to be ok, but I wish if they were going to delay it, they could delay it past the PS5 release date so I could just get it for that.... 

they are probably gonna release a patch to upgrade it on PS5, right? I can't imagine the release their long awaited game on the old gen just as the new gen comes out...

No clue man. I will beat the game I'm sure before it comes out on PS5. Last console switch they did a promo where if you bring in the PS3 version you get like $50 credit towards the PS4 version.... I don't want to do this with too many games, but I might do it with this one. It would be a while before this game dropped in price significantly. I would most certainly do it with the next Black Ops as well

10 hours ago, showtime said:

Not really surprising this game got pushed back.  Square Enix just announced two of their titles got pushed back, too.  

One thing I find odd is FFVIIR is delayed a month. This is delayed far more. To me that says they found a fairly big problem but what do I know? Regardless, I'm not in the PS5 market so I'll still probably get this

8 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

One thing I find odd is FFVIIR is delayed a month. This is delayed far more. To me that says they found a fairly big problem but what do I know? Regardless, I'm not in the PS5 market so I'll still probably get this

I don't think it's a big problem, they just need more time to get things sorted out.  The Avengers game that Square Enix is publishing also got pushed back to September.

16 hours ago, JBURGE said:

It's not coming out for next gen either way.

8 minutes ago, Danger said:

They'll probably do a patch and have it work through backwards compatibility or something.

But in their message they wanted it to be the crowning achievement for this gen.

Just checked, didn't realize they are publishing it a well. You may be right, but we'll see. Even understanding backwards compatibility, still wouldn't be surprised. 

2 hours ago, showtime said:

I don't think it's a big problem, they just need more time to get things sorted out.  The Avengers game that Square Enix is publishing also got pushed back to September.

I hope that's the case. I just saw a video on it that I didn't know existed and I'm more pumped for this now! FFVIIR will keep me occupied until it comes out so I won't have a shortage of things to do lol. This looks  so awesome.

On 1/17/2020 at 10:06 AM, Danger said:

It's not coming out for next gen either way.

That’s really stupid. If they’re going to push it back (which I’m fine with), they might as well either save it for next gen or have a dual gen release. There were a couple games that came out right around the release of the PS4 that died cause they didn’t want to do a next gen release 

1 hour ago, Tyty said:

That’s really stupid. If they’re going to push it back (which I’m fine with), they might as well either save it for next gen or have a dual gen release. There were a couple games that came out right around the release of the PS4 that died cause they didn’t want to do a next gen release 

They can't just change those plans with that short of notice. It might be ported, but it won't be optimized for next gen.

19 hours ago, showtime said:

I think the issue is you're saying it might be ported.  It 100% is going to be ported.

Uh......

Witcher 2 was never made available on next gen systems after its launch (Launched in 2011) granted they did update that quite a bit but still kinda shocks me they didn't port it to the PS4, Xbox one. Same with the OG Witcher which is still not available on consoles.

I'd imagine Cyberpunk will fix that because this is CDPR's biggest title potentially this decade but their history suggests they'll more or less do the expansions, bug fixes, and maybe an enhanced edition in 1-2 years after next gen stabilizes but maybe not make it available for next gen systems. Plus backwards compatibility miiiiiight make that irrelevant if you can just pop in a ps4/xbox1 disc and play it on your next gen system.

Plus after Cyberpunk 2077 they're working on a multiplayer component for 2021 whether that will be an Add-on ala GTA V or a stand alone game is yet to be seen. 

Hilariously the Witcher 3 is their most recently ported game for the switch done by the master porters at Saber Interactive