Cyberpunk 2077

Geek

2 hours ago, SwoleXmad said:

Uh......

Witcher 2 was never made available on next gen systems after its launch (Launched in 2011) granted they did update that quite a bit but still kinda shocks me they didn't port it to the PS4, Xbox one. Same with the OG Witcher which is still not available on consoles.

I'd imagine Cyberpunk will fix that because this is CDPR's biggest title potentially this decade but their history suggests they'll more or less do the expansions, bug fixes, and maybe an enhanced edition in 1-2 years after next gen stabilizes but maybe not make it available for next gen systems. Plus backwards compatibility miiiiiight make that irrelevant if you can just pop in a ps4/xbox1 disc and play it on your next gen system.

Plus after Cyberpunk 2077 they're working on a multiplayer component for 2021 whether that will be an Add-on ala GTA V or a stand alone game is yet to be seen. 

Hilariously the Witcher 3 is their most recently ported game for the switch done by the master porters at Saber Interactive 

Witcher 2 came out 2 and half years before PS4 though.  They probably just moved their resources toward Witcher 3.  This release is a few months from the next gens.

4 hours ago, SwoleXmad said:

Uh......

Witcher 2 was never made available on next gen systems after its launch (Launched in 2011) granted they did update that quite a bit but still kinda shocks me they didn't port it to the PS4, Xbox one. Same with the OG Witcher which is still not available on consoles.

I'd imagine Cyberpunk will fix that because this is CDPR's biggest title potentially this decade but their history suggests they'll more or less do the expansions, bug fixes, and maybe an enhanced edition in 1-2 years after next gen stabilizes but maybe not make it available for next gen systems. Plus backwards compatibility miiiiiight make that irrelevant if you can just pop in a ps4/xbox1 disc and play it on your next gen system.

Plus after Cyberpunk 2077 they're working on a multiplayer component for 2021 whether that will be an Add-on ala GTA V or a stand alone game is yet to be seen. 

Hilariously the Witcher 3 is their most recently ported game for the switch done by the master porters at Saber Interactive 

Yeah, I understand where you're coming from talking about the Witcher 2 and OG Witcher.  You're correct.  However, those games are older and this is a new day and age.  Hell, they put the Witcher 3 on the Switch, which nobody thought would happen.  They actually had to do serious work for that to even happen.  There's no way Cyberpunk won't be playable on the PS5 and new Xbox.  I'm not even saying they'll patch the game to make it enhanced or anything - I just mean that Cyberpunk will 100% be playable on the PS5 at some point. 

28 minutes ago, showtime said:

Yeah, I understand where you're coming from talking about the Witcher 2 and OG Witcher.  You're correct.  However, those games are older and this is a new day and age.  Hell, they put the Witcher 3 on the Switch, which nobody thought would happen.  They actually had to do serious work for that to even happen.  There's no way Cyberpunk won't be playable on the PS5 and new Xbox.  I'm not even saying they'll patch the game to make it enhanced or anything - I just mean that Cyberpunk will 100% be playable on the PS5 at some point. 

That's what I'm saying more or less. It will be playable on the new consoles in some manner, but it will be literally carbon copy the same game it is on previous gen. Unless they've intentionally turned down some graphical settings for the console version of the game and just choose to disable those limiters.

I highly doubt they're going to do anything to improve the game for next gen after the game comes out.

Edited by Danger
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Danger said:

That's what I'm saying more or less. It will be playable on the new consoles in some manner, but it will be literally carbon copy the same game it is on previous gen. Unless they've intentionally turned down some graphical settings for the console version of the game and just choose to disable those limiters.

I highly doubt they're going to do anything to improve the game for next gen after the game comes out.

Ah, okay that makes sense.  I agree with that.  I think there's def a chance they will enhance the game at some point for the PS5.  It essentially comes out at the same time as the next gen consoles.

3 minutes ago, showtime said:

Ah, okay that makes sense.  I agree with that.  I think there's def a chance they will enhance the game at some point for the PS5.  It essentially comes out at the same time as the next gen consoles.

The only time that it'd make sense IMO is when they inevitably drop their first major DLC.

1 minute ago, showtime said:

You think the same thing with games like The Last of Us 2, which is supposed to be released a few months before the next gen consoles.

I can't really speak on my opinion regarding the TLOU. I'm not familiar with the games Developer and their modus operandi. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, showtime said:

I already knew this would be on the next gen consoles, but it's also at no cost if you purchase the game on current gen consoles

Cool. Will be hilarious when you need to download 100+ GBs for the next gen game though. 

1 minute ago, SwoleXmad said:

Cool. Will be hilarious when you need to download 100+ GBs for the next gen game though. 

It's interesting there's no conformation from Sony about this feature.  Microsoft has already said they are doing everything they can to make sure games people buy on the Xbox One are playable to them on the Series X when the game gets upgraded for those consoles.  They've already said if you buy Halo Infinite on the Xbox One, you will get the upgraded Series X version for free.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, showtime said:

It's interesting there's no conformation from Sony about this feature.  Microsoft has already said they are doing everything they can to make sure games people buy on the Xbox One are playable to them on the Series X when the game gets upgraded for those consoles.  They've already said if you buy Halo Infinite on the Xbox One, you will get the upgraded Series X version for free.

My guess is Sony is still workshopping the PS5 to get a final factory build established. Hence the no news so far, they're 100% supporting PS4 discs though. 

So I'd guess you'd just pop the disc in and they'd give you the digital next gen game or that game would just play as the PS4 version on the next gen.

No idea if they let you have the next gen upgrade for free. 

11 minutes ago, showtime said:

If Sony doesn't match this offer, they will be screwed. We saw last gen that a bad lead up to the release can really impact the life of the console. 

1 minute ago, SwoleXmad said:

My guess is Sony is still workshopping the PS5 to get a final factory build established. Hence the no news so far, they're 100% supporting PS4 discs though. 

So I'd guess you'd just pop the disc in and they'd give you the digital next gen game or that game would just play as the PS4 version on the next gen.

No idea if they let you have the next gen upgrade for free. 

Yeah, you can probably play the PS4 Cyberpunk disk on the PS5, but what people are concerned about is there will eventually be a graphically updated version of Cyberpunk that gets released on the PS5.  Would they have to pay for that?  In the past, gamers did have to pay.  When GTA 5 came out on the PS3, you had to pay like $20 to upgrade to the enhanced PS4 version of the game.

• Like 1