Cyberpunk 2077

Geek

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Reviews seem very good. Sounds like the main quests/storyline of the game is actually a lot shorter than expected. Also sounds like there are some bugs. I think I'm going to stick with my plan - get it for PS5 after some patches have come out.

Same. I'm gonna wait until it goes on sale and has been patched a few times

18 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Reviews seem very good. Sounds like the main quests/storyline of the game is actually a lot shorter than expected. Also sounds like there are some bugs. I think I'm going to stick with my plan - get it for PS5 after some patches have come out.

I'm actually not too upset that the game is shorter than expected. It sounds like it can still be a very long game if you do everything. A lot of games these days just have a ton of padding (looking at you, Assassin's Creed) and don't need to be 80 hours long. 

6 hours ago, Knowledge said:

What im getting from the reviews is this game should have been delayed even more 

Really? The game is averaging a score of 91 based off of 46 official critic reviews of the game.

I'm not getting that it should have been delayed even more at all.

3 hours ago, showtime said:

Really? The game is averaging a score of 91 based off of 46 official critic reviews of the game.

I'm not getting that it should have been delayed even more at all.

I'm assuming because it's supposed to be really buggy... Not that the gameplay or story is bad.

The guy doing the review on IGN said it took him 20 hours to finish the main story the first time he played it. Then on a second playthrough he got it up to 45 hours by doing a lot of side missions.

I was thinking of getting this over Christmas to keep me occupied until I can find a PS5, but that (plus the ridiculous amount of bugs it's apparently got) has really put me off, I was expecting this game to be massive! Will probably get it in like a year or so on PS5.

Edit: ok apparently another video I've just seen has said that if you want to 100% all your attributes it'd take around 170 hours... Use your time wisely people.

Edited by RJ_11

10 hours ago, RJ_11 said:

The guy doing the review on IGN said it took him 20 hours to finish the main story the first time he played it. Then on a second playthrough he got it up to 45 hours by doing a lot of side missions.

I was thinking of getting this over Christmas to keep me occupied until I can find a PS5, but that (plus the ridiculous amount of bugs it's apparently got) has really put me off, I was expecting this game to be massive! Will probably get it in like a year or so on PS5.

Edit: ok apparently another video I've just seen has said that if you want to 100% all your attributes it'd take around 170 hours... Use your time wisely people.

I doubt anyone who is actually taking their time to play and enjoy this game is beating it in 20 hours.  I wouldn't let that put you off from buying the game.

I'm expecting to get a solid 60 hours at the very least from this.  I'm someone who likes to do the side missions long before I complete the main story.

On 12/8/2020 at 8:30 AM, Lions017 said:

I'm actually not too upset that the game is shorter than expected. It sounds like it can still be a very long game if you do everything. A lot of games these days just have a ton of padding (looking at you, Assassin's Creed) and don't need to be 80 hours long. 

There is obviously a difference between Assassin's Creed padding the game time versus getting lost in an immersive world like Mass Effect.  Cyberpunk falls under the category of the latter.