Cyberpunk 2077

Geek

Jumped forward to New Zealand time to play.

So far the city is starting to live up to the “alive”ness visually. Lots of people, just not a lot with much to say or do yet. Neon and lights are great on Series X. Models and textures are done pretty well, lip sync tech they showed off helps that a lot.

I think one of the big things on the true next gen version will be more real time reflections of your character. Seems like a fairly obvious thing to have, especially in a first person game like this. All the other reflections and mirroring works great, but you not being there takes you out a bit.

I'm going to wait and see if I can score this used on Ebay next week for $45. Always get those dudes that rush through campaign then sell used to try and recoup some value. Ebay is a gold mine for used new games at a discount. Miles Morales ultimate edition is going for $35 right now

Been playing since 7PM.

I can already tell I'm going to love this game.  The graphics are amazing, obviously.  The world feels so alive - random shootouts happening around you, NPCs conversing outside.  Dialogue has been good so far.  Still trying to get used to the gunplay, but so far I'm hooked.

I haven't ran into any glitches or bugs on PC yet.  

• Like 1

I watched that whole video and Series S is pretty comparable to Series X and PS5 in just about all the comparisons, not much of a difference at all. Except the scene at 2:20 PS5 >>>> Xbox Series X >>>> Xbox Series S >>>>> PS4/Xbox One S.

I think Series S is just fine for this game as long as you don't care about 4K.

However for PS4/One S it looks like people should pass until they get a NexGen console.

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Is there free roam like GTA?

So far you don't really dart across the map like you do in GTA.

But i think it's because the game gives you an actual reason to poke around and walk. Like there are things to stumble across, things to loot/salvage.

Like they said "oh here is the fast travel" and I walked instead. Ended up walking through an tight little alleyway (think like vending machines, subway gate-ish area)
I looked at this robbery happening too long as I passed, one of the guys starts barking at me, they then all open fire. I ran behind a vending machine next to a cowering street food vendor. Bounced a flashbang and bullets to take 2 of the 3 out. Then shot the fire extinguisher to lay down smoke as I moved in and beat the last one down.

You'll find yourself in situations like that. Meet merchants, etc.

But it is open and you can go wherever.

Yeah, game looks unplayable on the previous gen. Isn't that what delay the game, too? They were reworking it and trying to optimize it more for the older consoles (as well as fixing bugs of course).

The PS5/Series X look identical to me. The Series S is completely playable and looks good, but noticeably worse than the PS5/SeriesX. I don't think anyone who buys it on there will have any regrets.

Edited by elevators_rule

What does everyone mean it doesn't run well on PS4?

Are we talking just a graphics issue, or we got loading issues/glitch issues on PS4? 

Because I'm not gonna be very happy if I can't even play the game.

I don't really give a **** about graphics and stopped giving a **** about how a game looks years ago, but if it takes 120 damn hours to load I'm not going to be happy. 

Not even sure why they tried to put this on current gen.    I mean...I know WHY they did it, but it was clearly developed primarily for next gen, and will be hardly optimized for current gen.

Edited by 43M

I'm just gonna get this in 6-12 months when I've got my hands on a PS5, the game has been patched to hell and I can get it way cheaper anyway. Sounds like it's a mess at the minute, and plenty of other things on my list to play, but after a lot of updates it could be brilliant. Just release games when they're actually finished!