Cyberpunk 2077

Geek

3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

What does everyone mean it doesn't run well on PS4?

Are we talking just a graphics issue, or we got loading issues/glitch issues on PS4? 

Because I'm not gonna be very happy if I can't even play the game.

I don't really give a **** about graphics and stopped giving a **** about how a game looks years ago, but if it takes 120 damn hours to load I'm not going to be happy. 

You will be paying $60 for a game that is far, far inferior in how it plays. 

I wouldn’t do it.

3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

What does everyone mean it doesn't run well on PS4?

Are we talking just a graphics issue, or we got loading issues/glitch issues on PS4? 

Because I'm not gonna be very happy if I can't even play the game.

I don't really give a **** about graphics and stopped giving a **** about how a game looks years ago, but if it takes 120 damn hours to load I'm not going to be happy. 

The graphics are definitely pretty bad, but the bigger issue is the frame rate. It struggles to play the game even at 30FPS, often times dipping to 18-22FPS. This makes the game visually look really choppy while playing, especially during heavy combat or driving around at fast speeds. If you're hell-bent on playing it, the game should be playable in the literal sense. But it's definitely going to be a much much worse experience than what we're seeing on next gen consoles, and I'd be very surprised if it didn't bother you at all.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

You will be paying $60 for a game that is far, far inferior in how it plays. 

I wouldn’t do it.

I’ve already done it.  Lol.

I’m not worried.  I had no problem with Mass Effect Andromeda when it first released.  If the gameplay/story elements are as good as Witcher 3 or close, I’ll enjoy it.

I got a 20 dollar coupon if I paid it off in full on the preorder, so it’s 40 bucks for me and I’m basically rich so IDGAF.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

The combat in this game so far sucks. I’m still early so maybe it gets better but enemies are bullet sponges. Seems like there is no way to kill anyone fast. Not asking for an easy road but damn.

One of the reviews I watched was critical of this. Said it wasn't nearly as bad as Destiny/The Division but it's something modern shooter/RPG's are struggling to find a balance with.

Edited by Shockwave

Ok im 5 hours in and i love the open world aspect and night city in general, enemies take wayyyyy to many bullets which i do not like, but at least the melee weapons kill them alot quicker.

Really fun game so far, runs great (On PC) i would be surprised if i dont break 150 hours on it. 

13 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I watched that whole video and Series S is pretty comparable to Series X and PS5 in just about all the comparisons, not much of a difference at all. Except the scene at 2:20 PS5 >>>> Xbox Series X >>>> Xbox Series S >>>>> PS4/Xbox One S.

I think Series S is just fine for this game as long as you don't care about 4K.

However for PS4/One S it looks like people should pass until they get a NexGen console.

Huh? The Series S is capped at 30 fps. Considering the Series X and PS5 run at 60 fps, that's a pretty massive difference lol

3 minutes ago, showtime said:

Huh? The Series S is capped at 30 fps. Considering the Series X and PS5 run at 60 fps, that's a pretty massive difference lol

Unless it's a pure FPS game, or competitive online game, could care less about FPS. As long as it doesn't dip below 30. S seems to be staying steady at 30 while Regular PS4 and Xbox One S drop to 18-22 at times. This runs fine on the Series S, PS4 Pro, and Xbox One X.

Edited by BayRaider

Game is great so far.  I'm on my PC which is 5 years old (i5-6600k/1060) and I have to play on low settings to get reasonable FPS but it still looks pretty damn good.  My 3080 is on the way so can't wait to fire this thing up with higher settings.  

As far as bugs the only thing I've seen so far are minor graphics issue.  Lady smoking a cigarette and it's floating instead of in her hand, NPCs clipping through walls.  Nothing game/immersion breaking yet. 

Edited by flyers0909

3 hours ago, iknowcool said:

The combat in this game so far sucks. I’m still early so maybe it gets better but enemies are bullet sponges. Seems like there is no way to kill anyone fast. Not asking for an easy road but damn.

It definitely has a curve to it, with how many meds you get I’ve taken to just darting cover to cover. If you move fast enough you can like slide around corners with the shotgun. Some enemies have week spots that aren’t advertised.

But it makes stealth a little more compelling when you can, which doubles up with the quick hacks.

The assault rifles, like most games, kinda suck. Handguns and shotguns hit hard...ARs don’t in the slightest.

I’m really interested once you get the cyberware upgrades how it plays.

1 hour ago, showtime said:

A lot of people still don't care about 30FPS vs 60FPS, especially in single player games. It's completely 100% playable. Hell, a lot of fantastic games on the PS4 towards the end of last gen still ran at 30FPS. The reason why I'd recommend the Series S version but not the X1/PS4 is because it's consistent at hitting those framerates and runs at a much higher graphical fidelity. The older versions stutter and look downright blurry most of the time.

2 hours ago, Knowledge said:

They should have never released this game for last gen consoles. If EA did something like this they would be getting destroyed by the community 

They announced this game before the PS4 was even released. It was 100% a PS4/X1 game from the beginning.  The only reason it was released after new gen consoles is because they had so many delays.

• Like 1