Cyberpunk 2077

Geek

2 hours ago, elevators_rule said:

A lot of people still don't care about 30FPS vs 60FPS, especially in single player games. It's completely 100% playable. Hell, a lot of fantastic games on the PS4 towards the end of last gen still ran at 30FPS. The reason why I'd recommend the Series S version but not the X1/PS4 is because it's consistent at hitting those framerates and runs at a much higher graphical fidelity. The older versions stutter and look downright blurry most of the time.

I hear what you're saying, but 30 fps is a no-go for me, especially on what's supposed to be a next gen console.  Series S is a waste of money, imo.

1 hour ago, Heimdallr said:

It is crazy how awesome RDR2 looks and runs on my launch PS4, but this game can barely "run" on the same console. 

Absolutely laughable given the 8+ year development time.

Honestly, though, who cares about PS4 and Xbox One? Those consoles are over seven years old now. This game runs fine on PC, from all accounts. It runs at 60 fps on the PS5 and Xbox Series X.  Yeah, it sucks people with a launch Xbox One can't play the game, but that's how things go.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, showtime said:

Honestly, though, who cares about PS4 and Xbox One? Those consoles are over seven years old now. This game runs fine on PC, from all accounts. It runs at 60 fps on the PS5 and Xbox Series X.  Yeah, it sucks people with a launch Xbox One can't play the game, but that's how things go.

I mean, I'd imagine the majority of gamers are still on PS4 and Xbox One.  And the game was announced before those consoles even came out.  And the company is still asking for $60 for them.

I get what you are saying.  But this isn't acceptable.  To an extent I feel bad for CD Projekt Red, but at the same time I don't.  I get they aren't as big as Rockstar, so that is something to consider, but RDR2 ran perfectly fine on console.  

They should have did what Rockstar did.  Release this game on last-gen, then re-release the game later on next gen (or give the free upgrade).  That way they could have continued focusing on the Xbox/PS4 versions, then work on the Xbox Series/PS5 versions later.  Instead the majority of gamers who want to play this game have to play a very low-end version of the game, for the same price.

The reaction to Cyberpunk on last-gen reminds the most of the reaction to Arkham Knight on PC.  Just a broken game with terrible performance.  Except I doubt Sony is gonna be offering refunds anytime soon.

And this is coming from someone who really enjoys the game.  I like it a lot.  But it is unacceptable how they did a lot of gamers.  Especially when you are asking for $60.  Obviously the game wouldn't ever perform as well on last-gen as it does on current-gen, but it shouldn't be to the point where it is barely playable/enjoyable.  At the end of the day CD Projekt Red pushed themselves to too many different platforms, and they deserve the criticism they are getting for it.

Edited by iknowcool

1 minute ago, iknowcool said:

I mean, I'd imagine the majority of gamers are still on PS4 and Xbox One.  And the game was announced before those consoles even came out.  And the company is still asking for $60 for them.

I get what you are saying.  But this isn't acceptable.  To an extent I feel bad for CD Projekt Red, but at the same time I don't.  I get they aren't as big as Rockstar, so that is something to consider, but RDR2 ran perfectly fine on console.  

They should have did what Rockstar did.  Release this game on last-gen, then re-release the game later on next gen (or give the free upgrade).  That way they could have continued focusing on the Xbox/PS4 versions, then work on the Xbox Series/PS5 versions later.  Instead the majority of gamers who want to play this game have to play a very low-end version of the game, for the same price.

The reaction to Cyberpunk on last-gen reminds the most of the reaction to Arkham Knight on PC.  Just a broken game with terrible performance.  Except I doubt Sony is gonna be offering refunds anytime soon.

I guess I just don't want Cyperpunk 2077 bad enough.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, showtime said:

This might be the worst of your terrible takes.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, showtime said:

Considering the game isn't released for the new consoles yet, and it has been advertised for 8 years as a PS4/XB1 game, a LOT of people care.

With how poorly the game runs compared to the publicized E3/trailer footage, I would say it is borderline criminal fraud and false advertising to release the game in this state and charge $60.

If they couldn't get it to run on old consoles (which is still inexplicable given all the other massive games that run just fine) then they should have cancelled it and refunded the preorders. 

21 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

They announced this game before the PS4 was even released. It was 100% a PS4/X1 game from the beginning.  The only reason it was released after new gen consoles is because they had so many delays.

Exactly....and they made a game that barely runs on the machines it was intended for. da fuq

15 hours ago, showtime said:

As controversial as this statement seems, I pretty much agree with it lol.

I guess to take it back a bit, they definitely shouldn't have released the game in it's current state on consoles. They honestly should've just released it on the new PS5/Xbox and PC, while delaying the older versions by about a year. But obviously they would've lost a ton of money doing that. Still should've done it to be pro consumer, but I guess they didn't think the backlash would've been so bad and they're confident they could have it optimized sooner rather than later (in the same way they did with the Witcher 3). My agreement comes from the stance that a lot of people seem appalled that this game can't run on consoles that are seven years old. This game isn't Red Dead 2. The environment is more than some pretty trees, some barren landscapes and tiny western towns to load in. The lighting in the game alone is incredibly demanding/intensive. The world is an order of magnitude denser. There's just no comparison between the two. If they wanted the game to be easily run on previous consoles, they would've had to butcher the content/scope/scale of the game significantly, which would have been awful.

I guess I'm choosing to be incredibly selfish here: I'd much rather previous gen get a bad experience and next gen be top tier as opposed to catering towards previous gen and butchering the whole experience for everyone.