Cyberpunk 2077

Geek

1 hour ago, elevators_rule said:

As controversial as this statement seems, I pretty much agree with it lol.

I guess to take it back a bit, they definitely shouldn't have released the game in it's current state on consoles. They honestly should've just released it on the new PS5/Xbox and PC, while delaying the older versions by about a year. But obviously they would've lost a ton of money doing that. Still should've done it to be pro consumer, but I guess they didn't think the backlash would've been so bad and they're confident they could have it optimized sooner rather than later (in the same way they did with the Witcher 3). My agreement comes from the stance that a lot of people seem appalled that this game can't run on consoles that are seven years old. This game isn't Red Dead 2. The environment is more than some pretty trees, some barren landscapes and tiny western towns to load in. The lighting in the game alone is incredibly demanding/intensive. The world is an order of magnitude denser. There's just no comparison between the two. If they wanted the game to be easily run on previous consoles, they would've had to butcher the content/scope/scale of the game significantly, which would have been awful.

I guess I'm choosing to be incredibly selfish here: I'd much rather previous gen get a bad experience and next gen be top tier as opposed to catering towards previous gen and butchering the whole experience for everyone.

I mean, it doesn't really matter when the game was introduced and what hardware was out when it was introduced. This is real life and things happen. The game was first announced in 2012 and crap happened to where it didn't get released until the end of 2020.  2012 and 2020 are two completely different time frames (light years difference in technology).

CDPR shouldn't have made this game for last gen consoles. It actually sucks that stuff like the next Horizon Zero Dawn is still being made for PS4. I don't care if a lot of people own the console; I'm only talking from a game perspective. How much do devs releasing games in 2021 have to dumb the game down for it to be able to run on ancient hardware like a PS4?  These games should only be made for PS5, Xbox Series X and PC.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Danger said:

Should I wait for further patches before starting to play this?

I have an XB1X

If you really want the graphics to be as much as they can, you can wait for the NexGen Patch, but it looks great right now. I’ve watched a ton of comparisons and the game looks great on Series X and PS5, pretty dang good and not much of a drop off on Series S and XB1X. The current version was actually designed for XB1X and PS4 Pro (mostly XB1X). It doesn’t run the greatest on PS4 Pro (not bad though), but XB1X is handling it like a champ as it is a slightly more powerful console than PS4 Pro. 

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

If you really want the graphics to be as much as they can, you can wait for the NexGen Patch, but it looks great right now. I’ve watched a ton of comparisons and the game looks great on Series X and PS5, pretty dang good and not much of a drop off on Series S and XB1X. The current version was actually designed for XB1X and PS4 Pro (mostly XB1X). It doesn’t run the greatest on PS4 Pro (not bad though), but XB1X is handling it like a champ as it is a slightly more powerful console than PS4 Pro. 

I don't much care about the graphics, but frame rate drops, lack of optimization, and bugs that stem from current existing versions on this hardware specifically.

7 minutes ago, Danger said:

I don't much care about the graphics, but frame rate drops, lack of optimization, and bugs that stem from current existing versions on this hardware specifically.

Runs consistently at 30FPS, with maybe some occasional dips to 27-28. 

As for graphics, looks pretty similar to PS5, Series X, Series S since this isn’t the NexGen version of the game yet and it was designed for XB1X.

Perhaps the most perplexing thing thus far...

How in a game about being who I want to be and doing whatever I want to do can I not even change my hair? Let alone get a tattoo or totally change my appearance post customization screen. Seems so odd. 

Also a transmog system would be nice as would previewing store clothes.

I had a whole head canon idea set, started my character as a nomad with really no upgrades and was going to slowly add on as I went.

Playing on ps5, 10 hours in...5 crashes... So averaging a crash every couple hours... Annoying but still enjoying the game so still keep an it.

Other than the crashing I've only had one major bug and all I had to do was exit and reload to fix it.

Game definitely wasn't ready for release, no way around it.

Edited by rob_shadows

On 12/11/2020 at 4:36 AM, iknowcool said:

I mean, I'd imagine the majority of gamers are still on PS4 and Xbox One.  And the game was announced before those consoles even came out.  And the company is still asking for $60 for them.

I get what you are saying.  But this isn't acceptable.  To an extent I feel bad for CD Projekt Red, but at the same time I don't.  I get they aren't as big as Rockstar, so that is something to consider, but RDR2 ran perfectly fine on console.  

They should have did what Rockstar did.  Release this game on last-gen, then re-release the game later on next gen (or give the free upgrade).  That way they could have continued focusing on the Xbox/PS4 versions, then work on the Xbox Series/PS5 versions later.  Instead the majority of gamers who want to play this game have to play a very low-end version of the game, for the same price.

The reaction to Cyberpunk on last-gen reminds the most of the reaction to Arkham Knight on PC.  Just a broken game with terrible performance.  Except I doubt Sony is gonna be offering refunds anytime soon.

And this is coming from someone who really enjoys the game.  I like it a lot.  But it is unacceptable how they did a lot of gamers.  Especially when you are asking for $60.  Obviously the game wouldn't ever perform as well on last-gen as it does on current-gen, but it shouldn't be to the point where it is barely playable/enjoyable.  At the end of the day CD Projekt Red pushed themselves to too many different platforms, and they deserve the criticism they are getting for it.

I play on Xbox One and will be getting Cyberpunk at Xmas, please explain to me what's wrong in terms of running the game etc? Is it just the bugs...I can probably live with a few flying objects, but I suspect you're going to say it's a lot worse?

Edited by Hunter2_1