Cyberpunk 2077

Geek

2 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Hope it doesn’t actually kill them. Kinda bummed they put out a lame product after killing it with Witcher.

Nah, I think this game is going to be extremely successful financially for them. They reportedly covered the entire cost of the game with just preorder sales. There will definitely be a ton of refunds that go through, but I bet when it's all said and done they end up making a ton of money off Cyberpunk.

• Like 1

I don't have much time into the game, but I'm honestly just not feeling it.  That's just me though.  And kinda my fault.

I thought there would be a lot more freedom in the game.  I know it's a cyberpunk game obviously, but I thought I would be able to avoid implants and all that.  I've always hated that.  I think it's dumb.  I really wanted to play the game with as few tech modifications as possible, and would have done it with zero if possible, but the main story made you get one and you started the game with a few already. 

As far as how the game looks, I'm the wrong person to ask.  I think it looks fine, but I'm definitely not a graphics guy.  I think people are making it up sometimes. 

The game runs just fine on PS4, too.  Haven't run into any issues there.

I'm just not feeling the story.  I don't like my character.  I don't like the main sidekick guy. 

I'm sure at some point I will play it and enjoy it well enough for it to have been worth my money, but I'm just not feeling it right now. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I don't have much time into the game, but I'm honestly just not feeling it.  That's just me though.  And kinda my fault.

I thought there would be a lot more freedom in the game.  I know it's a cyberpunk game obviously, but I thought I would be able to avoid implants and all that.  I've always hated that.  I think it's dumb.  I really wanted to play the game with as few tech modifications as possible, and would have done it with zero if possible, but the main story made you get one and you started the game with a few already. 

As far as how the game looks, I'm the wrong person to ask.  I think it looks fine, but I'm definitely not a graphics guy.  I think people are making it up sometimes. 

I'm just not feeling the story.  I don't like my character.  I don't like the main sidekick guy. 

I'm sure at some point I will play it and enjoy it well enough for it to have been worth my money, but I'm just not feeling it right now. 

I haven’t started it yet but in general I have no interest in futuristic stories 

I am about 40-45 hours in and still like it a lot. Again, I wasn't expecting GTA, I was expecting the Witcher which is what it is, just stripped down. I still think it's great. 

I just finished all of the Side Jobs and the yellow markers ( ! ? ) etc so I can run through the rest of the story, probably only halfway through that or less. I did a lot of the blue markers but there are just too many for me to care

This is the funniest thing to happen to the industry, probably ever. Funnier than Daikatana, funnier than Peter Molyneux’s over promises, funnier than Duke Nukem Forever. 

It won’t stop preorders or corporation worship; this is America after all. But if the “you’re breathtaking” guy is just a little bummed out today, that’s a step in the right direction. 

I've played about four hours on my Xbox One so far. 

It's...ok? 

I haven't had any major issues. The framerate dropped pretty low during one firefight that I was in, but it was playable. 

Still waiting for the game to really open up and kick it into high gear. It's fun so far.

Edited by Lions017

7 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Agreed with all of this. I’m sure for some people it’s a 10/10 game. But I expected more freedom,  and the story is not that great. I also was expecting third person. The graphics and attention to detail are clearly phenomenal, but that’s not what makes a game. 

I’m sure some people are enjoying the hell out of this game and would give it a 10/10, it’s probably going to be a very, very mixed reviewed game. For me I’d probably give it around a 7.5, because obviously they spent several years on this, and it’s not a bad game by any means. 

Edited by BayRaider

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

To those who have played a lot or finished, do choices really matter?  Does character interaction really matter?

No not really. Your background can affect certain situations. For example, my Corp Character was able to use their corp knowledge to bully a blackmarket seller, into a lower price for an item. Then, I was able to use my tech skill to sell it to another character for a substantially higher price. 

I think your choices might open or close certain doors to additional quests/ chains. But that's pretty much it so far. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, animaltested said:

No not really. Your background can affect certain situations. For example, my Corp Character was able to use their corp knowledge to bully a blackmarket seller, into a lower price for an item. Then, I was able to use my tech skill to sell it to another character for a substantially higher price. 

I think your choices might open or close certain doors to additional quests/ chains. But that's pretty much it so far. 

I haven't finished the game but I'm pretty sure there are also multiple endings so I'm sure choices effect which one you get as well.

Also I know of at least one case where what you choose to do directly decides whether a pretty significant character lives or dies

Edited by rob_shadows
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

To those who have played a lot or finished, do choices really matter?  Does character interaction really matter?

So, it does, but I don't know the extend. Without spoiling, your relationship with Johnny matters for end game choices. Your relationship with the different characters you can romance also matters. I haven't finished yet, but I spoiled myself lightly on the different ending scenarios. I don't know the different endings, but I know at least that those relationships give different options. Think Mass Effect 3 where you are given the 3 (or 4 I forget) different endings. I haven't seen any outrage over people who have finished the game so obviously it isn't as bad as ME3 ending.

Edited by JBURGE
  • Like 1