Cyberpunk 2077

Geek

I'm about 50 hours in on PC and no doubt this game is going to be one of those games we look back on as best games of the decade. It's still buggy as hell and some things are outright broken but its potential shines through even those issues. If you haven't picked it up yet wait another 6 months to a year (it should have been delayed this long in the first place anyways) then grab it on discount. It'll be a steal by then.

• Like 3

Yeah CDPR announced Free DLC content in Q1 2021. Probably see a big bug / optimization patch in Jan-Feb, then the content patch in March.

The game is still making bonkers $$$, even with the console refunds. CDPR isnt working on anything else, so this game should see alot of content added in 2021 at least. 

The core of this game (lore, story, characters, dialogue, sound design, art direction, combat design) is absolutely amazing. All CDPR needs to do is polish, and optimize the existing game, and then add more content to fulfill the supplementary stuff they promised (more customization, more world interaction).  

First playthrough I ended up with the Sun ending. TBH, not a fan of how it ended for V. As someone who really enjoyed the side characters, Im going to shoot for the Star Ending [with a "Dont Fear the Reaper" test run too] in run-through #2.

V #1 was a Pistol-Katana Sneak Techie , my next V is going to be a Athletic Engineer-Techie. Spec'ing Quick Hacks is so gotdam fun. Epic Ping + Contagion + Reset Cyberoptics => rush slays. Too much fun. Gonna focus on Tech Weapons, the abuse shooting through walls, and hitting crits. Probably dip a bit into Cold Blooded too.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, animaltested said:

Yeah CDPR announced Free DLC content in Q1 2021. Probably see a big bug / optimization patch in Jan-Feb, then the content patch in March.

The game is still making bonkers $$$, even with the console refunds. CDPR isnt working on anything else, so this game should see alot of content added in 2021 at least. 

The core of this game (lore, story, characters, dialogue, sound design, art direction, combat design) is absolutely amazing. All CDPR needs to do is polish, and optimize the existing game, and then add more content to fulfill the supplementary stuff they promised (more customization, more world interaction).  

First playthrough I ended up with the Sun ending. TBH, not a fan of how it ended for V. As someone who really enjoyed the side characters, Im going to shoot for the Star Ending [with a "Dont Fear the Reaper" test run too] in run-through #2.

V #1 was a Pistol-Katana Sneak Techie , my next V is going to be a Athletic Engineer-Techie. Spec'ing Quick Hacks is so gotdam fun. Epic Ping + Contagion + Reset Cyberoptics => rush slays. Too much fun. Gonna focus on Tech Weapons, the abuse shooting through walls, and hitting crits. Probably dip a bit into Cold Blooded too.

This actually isn't true... CDPR is splitting into 3 teams now, one team to work on Cyberpunk DLC and updates, one team to the Cyberpunk Multiplayer game (which is separate), and the final team is working on a Witcher project, not quite sure what that is yet but seems like a Witcher 3 next gen update with additional content. 

I finished the game over the weekend, logged close to 60 hours I think. Loved the game but was pretty burned out by the end of it. I will hopefully play it again when the free PS5 update comes out in a year or so

Edit: source https://www.vg247.com/2020/03/12/cd-projekt-red-new-witcher-cyberpunk-multiplayer/ 

Edited by JBURGE

I logged 110 hours or so of this game on my PS4 - I loved every second of it lol. I completed all of the side gigs / scanners. I basically got through all of the side missions but I missed a few non-important ones (Nix, the vending machine, etc.). You have to be really patient to 100% the side missions - a lot of them take a good amount of time to pop up on the map. Even though I played a ton I still didn't see some markers for the aforementioned missions.

The game crashed a bunch, and there were some noticeable glitches, but there was nothing crazy that impacted how I played the game.

I absolutely loved the story and the characters. Panam is the GOAT lol.

I'm definitely going to keep a watch out next year to see if they improve the game, and I'd 100% play any additional content that they release. I'm sure that we'll see a fair share of DLC's given the endings.

• Like 1

@Geek @RBreezy

Same as you guys. I think I had around 60-70 hours and finished all of the side missions and story. I did a handful of the crimes but I didn't go crazy with those. Thought the game was really good, but in hindsight wish they waited a year and released it alongside the PS5 version. 

I will definitely replay the game when they release that PS5 version, and by then I expect they have the main DLCs out. 

Edited by JBURGE
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, JBURGE said:

@Geek @RBreezy

Same as you guys. I think I had around 60-70 hours and finished all of the side missions and story. I did a handful of the crimes but I didn't go crazy with those. Thought the game was really good, but in hindsight wish they waited a year and released it alongside the PS5 version. 

I will definitely replay the game when they release that PS5 version, and by then I expect they have the main DLCs out. 

The organized crime missions are actually pretty important (for gear not for story), get some of the best crafting specs from them.

2 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

The organized crime missions are actually pretty important (for gear not for story), get some of the best crafting specs from them.

I just started crafting everything myself towards the endgame. I hated looking like a dope running around with with mismatched equipment.

On 1/9/2021 at 10:27 AM, rob_shadows said:

Yeah, didnt realize that until 2nd playthrough. Skulls have good gear + crafting specs  (iconic Weapons). Bats have decent gear and sometimes Perk Shards. 

2 hours ago, Lions017 said:

I think I'm going to finish the main story in around 20 hours, which is short...but I'm OK with it. Once the game gets patched up a bit I'll go back and do the side content and probably double my playtime. 

You must be rushing through the main story. I would recommend exploring a bit. There's a ton to do in this game.

14 hours ago, Geek said:

You must be rushing through the main story. I would recommend exploring a bit. There's a ton to do in this game.

You're probably right. I'll go back through and do the extra stuff once I'm done with the story. From what I understand there are multiple endings anyway.