Cowboys Extend Zack Martin

HTTRDynasty

58 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Its amazing that nobody talks about an elite OL re-signing a contract, but skill players generate much more discussion.

I'd say he's the best G in the NFL at this point or at least top 3. Skill players are just more fun to talk about, good for the cowboys to lock up Dak's o-line for years to come at least they're doing that.

6 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Its amazing that nobody talks about an elite OL re-signing a contract, but skill players generate much more discussion.

They generate more discussion in part because people question if they are worth it. I think general consensus is OL/DL is where you should invest heavily. Cant imagine many are giving Dallas grief for this

14 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

They generate more discussion in part because people question if they are worth it. I think general consensus is OL/DL is where you should invest heavily. Cant imagine many are giving Dallas grief for this

Also seems like great OL only ever leave teams if a team sucks at cap management. 

OverTheCap was right on the money here with their projection back in December.... https://overthecap.com/forecasting-extension-zack-martin/

Considering the points above, I project Martin’s extension:

• 6 Year Extension worth $84.6M in new money ($14.1M APY)
  • $38M Total Guaranteed (includes signing bonus, 2018-2019 base salaries, and $6.459M of 2020 base salary guaranteed for injury.)
  • $31.541M Guaranteed at Signing (includes signing bonus, 2018-2019 base salaries)
  • $8M Signing Bonus
  • 1st Year Cash Flow: $17.341M
  • 3 Year Cash Flow: $44.541M

18 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Luckily they locked him up for a long time. This is gonna be an above average contract in a couple years, instead of the highest contract.

I'm worried about what Marpet is gonna get.

At what point do we see this changing for teams? It reminds me of baseball. We kept seeing these insane contracts being handed out and then one offseason it seemed like no one was going to do that and players had to settle for less than what was being offered the previous off-seasons. 

1 minute ago, MightyMouse07 said:

At what point do we see this changing for teams? It reminds me of baseball. We kept seeing these insane contracts being handed out and then one offseason it seemed like no one was going to do that and players had to settle for less than what was being offered the previous off-seasons. 

It's easier to guess in the NFL than it is the MLB; it'll regress when the salary cap starts heading the other way. I think it's that simple. More revenue and higher caps means that they can afford to pay players more. When the revenue drops and the cap decreases, and we see more teams pressing up against those limits, there won't be the money to just throw around like that. I mean, look at the contracts being given out, and then look at the cap space still available for teams. There are still 5 teams with at least 35 Million left to spend this year if they wanted to. Another three teams at 20 million and above. There are 8 teams that have at least 60 million available for next year, and I'm pretty sure that doesn't include any roll over as of yet. Another 5 teams have at least 40 million. 

Archived