Cowboys Extend Zack Martin

HTTRDynasty

10 minutes ago, MightyMouse07 said:

At what point do we see this changing for teams? It reminds me of baseball. We kept seeing these insane contracts being handed out and then one offseason it seemed like no one was going to do that and players had to settle for less than what was being offered the previous off-seasons. 

It could be when the TV contracts re-up if ratings declines continue (or even flat-line).

3 hours ago, sp6488 said:

It could be when the TV contracts re-up if ratings declines continue (or even flat-line).

Going to be intesting to see what happens with the tv deal. People are unplugging from cable left and right. I haven’t had cable in 3 or 4 years. But now that I am out of market, I can’t watch my favorite team as much. I have to go out of my way. I’m hoping they do something where you can subscribe to your favorite team and pay a fee for online access. Bespoke though. I don’t care to watch anything else. That’s the problem with cable. You pay for 100 channels when you only really watch 3-5 channels. 

6 hours ago, Forge said:

It's easier to guess in the NFL than it is the MLB; it'll regress when the salary cap starts heading the other way. I think it's that simple. More revenue and higher caps means that they can afford to pay players more. When the revenue drops and the cap decreases, and we see more teams pressing up against those limits, there won't be the money to just throw around like that. I mean, look at the contracts being given out, and then look at the cap space still available for teams. There are still 5 teams with at least 35 Million left to spend this year if they wanted to. Another three teams at 20 million and above. There are 8 teams that have at least 60 million available for next year, and I'm pretty sure that doesn't include any roll over as of yet. Another 5 teams have at least 40 million. 

It is interesting the way the market shapes contracts. 
average to above average players usually do not generate much interest and get under payed. There are stacks of average to good RB's and they have such a short shelf life that they really don't get a fair share of the money. 
Good players at wr, ol, dl, lb, cb get played like elite players. 

17 hours ago, SDotNova said:

Going to be intesting to see what happens with the tv deal. People are unplugging from cable left and right. I haven’t had cable in 3 or 4 years. But now that I am out of market, I can’t watch my favorite team as much. I have to go out of my way. I’m hoping they do something where you can subscribe to your favorite team and pay a fee for online access. Bespoke though. I don’t care to watch anything else. That’s the problem with cable. You pay for 100 channels when you only really watch 3-5 channels. 

Reddit streams >>>

On 6/11/2018 at 3:26 PM, Nabbs4u said:
On 6/11/2018 at 3:24 PM, HTTRG3Dynasty said:
On 6/11/2018 at 3:20 PM, Nabbs4u said:

Break the Bank! Break it!!!

My first reaction was to agree with this, but then I thought of Scherff's upcoming extension...

Exactly why I hope it's massive! ? Eagles already have Most of our OL (Brooks Specifically) locked up. 

Ohhh Scherff's is going to be fun to watch RG3, Have fun! Makes Brooks 5-40m with $21m Guaranteed nice to have. 

Archived