Your Team: High Expecations, Low Expectations

cddolphin

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

Where are you going to play Rankins? I kind of had him pegged as a center at the NFL level to be quite honest. 

He's probably going to get a shot at RT - I also had him at C, but Nick Martin was the best OL from last season and is still a high investment.

I haven't seen anyone do anything for the Steelers, but my personal list:

High Expectations

TJ Watt - Coming off a great rookie year, it's only his 4th year playing OLB.  Was a good pass rusher at times, hopefully he gets better in the offseason and learns to use his hands better.  He's so natural and so explosive that he should be able to make the jump from year 1 to year 2.

Juju Smith-Schuester - I was high on him pre-draft and really wanted him.  His rookie year was beyond what I even expected.  But now we've moved Tav because of Juju exploding, so I expect him to really be a big part of the offense.

Morgan Burnett - All the talk on him is great for us.  Smart guy, versitile player, and a guy you can count on.  Out defensive communication has been terrible for a few years, and I'm hoping a guy like that could play a role in helping them really change.

Low Expectations

Artie Burns - I believe last year was a sophomore slump more than 'this is who he is'.  I also feel that Mike Mitchell played into the struggles of our young secondary guys.  If Artie can be just serviceable we have a chance at improving on defense.

Terrell Edmunds - Yea I'm putting our rookie safety on this list.  Anything from him this year is a good thing, especially since I think he was a real reach in the 1st.  

Jesse James/Vance MCDonald/Xavier Grimble - Anything from them is bonus stats.  

Put up or shut up - Guys that are in their last gasp chance to sticking and need to do something special

Sean Davis

Bud Dupree

Vince Williams

Le'veon Bell

Ramon Foster

5 hours ago, warfelg said:

Put up or shut up - Guys that are in their last gasp chance to sticking and need to do something special

Sean Davis

Bud Dupree

Vince Williams

Le'veon Bell

Ramon Foster

Really? I wouldn't categorize him as "put up or shut up" unless you're referencing putting up in an AFC Championship game or something. 

Bell is pretty much recognized as a top 3 RB in the league. There's a disconnect with money, but that has more to do with the lack of value at the position vs the production given by Bell.

1 hour ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Really? I wouldn't categorize him as "put up or shut up" unless you're referencing putting up in an AFC Championship game or something. 

Bell is pretty much recognized as a top 3 RB in the league. There's a disconnect with money, but that has more to do with the lack of value at the position vs the production given by Bell.

The bolded is why it’s put up or shut up. 

Just now, warfelg said:

The bolded is why it’s put up or shut up. 

I guess - but again, you'd have to see the positional value go up across the other 31 teams to justify the money Bell is wanting. 

Bell could go for 2,000 on the ground and 750 through the air - his negotiation point is still whatever the highest paid RB is making (unless the Steelers pull off a Titans and pay him like the Titans paid Chris Johnson back in 2011 - QB money). 

High: 

Allen Robinson- I think he comes back strong off of his ACL injury.

Aikeem Hicks- I expect continued domination

Roquan Smith- Defensive rookie of the year is my expectation

Low:

Trubisky-I think he will be cool but not like second year Goff

Leonard Floyd-  I think he gets hurt again

1 hour ago, MonserinNC said:

High: 

Allen Robinson- I think he comes back strong off of his ACL injury.

Aikeem Hicks- I expect continued domination

Roquan Smith- Defensive rookie of the year is my expectation

Low:

Trubisky-I think he will be cool but not like second year Goff

Leonard Floyd-  I think he gets hurt again

How is A-Rob high but Mitch-T low?

17 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

How is A-Rob high but Mitch-T low?

I think they will have a fine season, Trubisky and Nagy are just being compared to Goff McVay.....I dont think the leap will be that crazy. I think A-Rob still gets 1K yards as the number one in a solid offense

Archived