CalhounLambeau 2018 NFL Draft Thread

CalhounLambeau

33 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

You think he'll be there in the 6th? Just reading up on him, seems like he can be a quick riser to a 4th round guy. Texans don't have much draft capital this draft, and rounds 3-5 have to be dedicated to OL and DB.

I like what I've read in the last few minutes, but it seems as if his stock is rising.

Hard to tell this early. He certainly deserves to go in that range, but this far out it's hard to tell what teams think of lesser known guys like him. Kyle Lauletta is supposedly the lesser known QB prospect teams are high on so he might be the backup teams target in the 4th round. With Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Baker Mayfield, Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolph, and Riley Ferguson all projected to go higher, I could see someone like Woodside being left out and falling to the end of the draft.

If a team drafts J.T. Barrett, it would blow my mind. He provides nothing as a passer at the NFL level and really isn't much of an athlete. Trevone Boykin found a way to stick around though and he had average testing and wasn't much of a passer so who knows I guess. Chris Leak was a better prospect than Barrett.

JT Barrett couldn’t throw over 12 yards or to his right IN A COLLEGE SPREAD SYSTEM SURROUNDED by NFL talent. It’s no surprise that Michael Thomas disappeared when they benched Cardale for him. No way he’s drafted as a WB and quite frankly he’s barely an above average Power 5 athlete, let alone NFL athlete.

On 1/12/2018 at 10:40 PM, CWood21 said:

Is he draftable in any sense?  I mean, at least Braxton Miller had the understanding that he wasn't going to be an NFL-caliber QB and made the transition to WR.

I don't think so. Honestly, I don't know that he even gets signed as an undrafted free agent. I think the best he manages is a camp tryout. 

16 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

I'm not sure Barrett even has a position change in his future.

He'll be signed as a UDFA though.  There's definitely an athlete there to work with.

I also don't see a position change because I don't think he's that athletic. As with Boykin, I expect him to disappoint compared to what's expected in testing. Barrett had some really pedestrian high school track times. I know things change, but if I recall right, he was running around a 12.5 100m. That would be a bad mark for a women's mid-major conference...

Barrett will get signed because of the starter experience and Urban. 

Huge Ohio State fan and I wouldn't touch J.T. Barrett with a 30 foot pole. He just simply doesn't have what it takes to be an NFL QB. No zip on his passes, ZERO anticipation (will only throw to wide open receivers sitting in zone), horrendous deep ball accuracy, slow release, etc. 

If you could somehow get the 2017 vs. Penn State out of J.T. Barrett on a consistent basis he would be draftable without a doubt; but he made throws in that game he'd never made before and would never make again. Extremely limited as a passer.

No position change for him either... I think Barrett will likely run right around a 4.79 - 4.84. 

Archived