CalhounLambeau 2018 NFL Draft Thread

CalhounLambeau

• 2 weeks later...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13RgfxMu4CW0NKMZebZ88cgg7b7MlszjfzXxEeId7Y34/edit?usp=sharing

Adding all prospect tape/cuts to their reports. Anything labeled in red with "TAPE" means that Report has all their known video linked in. Researched DraftBreakdown and Youtube. About 190 prospects thus far. Soon every prospect cut/tape will be in the database so everything is one place.

14 hours ago, CalhounLambeau said:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13RgfxMu4CW0NKMZebZ88cgg7b7MlszjfzXxEeId7Y34/edit?usp=sharing

Adding all prospect tape/cuts to their reports. Anything labeled in red with "TAPE" means that Report has all their known video linked in. Researched DraftBreakdown and Youtube. About 190 prospects thus far. Soon every prospect cut/tape will be in the database so everything is one place.

This is a nice format. Lot to put together by one person. Looking forward to your reports.

3 hours ago, Da_Ducktator said:

This is a nice format. Lot to put together by one person. Looking forward to your reports.

Thanks. I put a lot of work into it.

The prospect name links to their college team page, height/weight links to their NFLDraftScout page for measurements, and now the Report links to all their tape. Main goal is just having as much information in one place. I don't know of one site that has everything in one spot. Everything is so scattered. So this is what I spend all my time doing.

DraftBreakdown just became a membership service with a $2 a month charge. I decided to become a member and support the site. I am still linking all DraftBreakdown cuts into my database and using the Youtube link. All video will be linked daily. 

On 10/31/2017 at 2:06 PM, CalhounLambeau said:

Evaluating Saquon Barkley's tape right now. I've been evaluating players since 2006. My highest grade was Adrian Peterson back in 2007 with a grade of 9.72.

I think Saquon Barkley might be the best RB prospect I've ever watched. His grade is going to be very high. 

I noticed earlier today that he has some horrendous numbers on 3rd downs and in 4th quarters (none of the top RB's in the league had numbers as bad as him coming out which is what worries me about it). Not sure what to make of that. But overall, the guy is special. He was making some special cuts in tight spaces on Saturday against Ohio State. Watching Zeke the next day, could certainly see a strong comparison between the two.

On 10/31/2017 at 4:54 PM, Da_Ducktator said:

I noticed earlier today that has some horrendous numbers on 3rd downs and in 4th quarters (none of the top RB's in the league had numbers as bad as he coming out which is what worries me about it). Not sure what to make of that. But overall, the guy is special. He was making some special cuts in tight spaces on Saturday against Ohio State. Watching Zeke the next day, could certainly see a strong comparison between the two.

The Penn State offensive line is still really bad.  Despite their success as a team and winning a B1G championship, etc., their offensive line is still feeling the effects of some sanctions.  3/5 of their OL are sophomores, their RT is a freshman, and their lone upperclassmen, SR RG Brendan Mahon, is playing through an ankle injury. 

So on short yardage plays, teams just load up and crash the mesh point before Barkley can ever get going.  It's a mess of an operation.

3 hours ago, BigD88 said:

The Penn State offensive line is still really bad.  Despite their success as a team and winning a B1G championship, etc., their offensive line is still feeling the effects of some sanctions.  3/5 of their OL are sophomores, their RT is a freshman, and their lone upperclassmen, SR RG Brendan Mahon, is playing through an ankle injury. 

So on short yardage plays, teams just load up and crash the mesh point before Barkley can ever get going.  It's a mess of an operation.

I noticed while watching Barkley how often he's dodging people in the backfield. The offensive line is still an issue. They're lucky McSorely can move and Barkley can change direction in a phone booth at a moments notice.

7 minutes ago, CalhounLambeau said:

I noticed while watching Barkley how often he's dodging people in the backfield. The offensive line is still an issue. They're lucky McSorely can move and Barkley can change direction in a phone booth at a moments notice.

McSorley might make a solid slot WR at the next level IMHO. Maybe the next Julian Edelman in the QB-WR transition.

Or he could make the move to the other side of the ball. Worked for JJ Wilcox (WR to S as a college senior) but not so great for college legend Eric Crouch.

2 hours ago, CalhounLambeau said:

This past weekend, Barkley averaged -.5 yards per carry before contact. 

I didn’t think such a thing was possible in a matchup of two power 5 schools. But it just epitomizes what he’s working with and makes his accomplishments exponentially more impressive to me.

4 hours ago, Da_Ducktator said:

McSorley might make a solid slot WR at the next level IMHO. Maybe the next Julian Edelman in the QB-WR transition.

Or he could make the move to the other side of the ball. Worked for JJ Wilcox (WR to S as a college senior) but not so great for college legend Eric Crouch.

McSorley is not nearly the athlete that Edelman is. He would have no chance to separate from NFL DB's IMO. He's not a draftable prospect in my eyes.

Archived