What New Addition to a *Non-Homer* Team Are You Most Looking Forward To Seeing?

BleedTheClock

What players in new homes are you guys excited to watch play this season that aren't on your team?

I'm excited to see Saquon Barkley. I hate the Giants, but I'll have my eyes on Saquon.

I don't like Suh, but watching him playing next to Donald is going to be fun. He is going to rip it up this year.

Always loved Tyrann Mathieu. I bet he balls out this year in Houston.

Non-homer, eh? Sure. I'll tackle division additions (so not excited, but a bit worried):

Titans: Harold Landry. Mike Vrabel was hand picked to groom Jadevion Clowney into the freak defender he's morphing into; Vrabel might have been in over his head as a DC, but he knows how to coach LBs and Landry has a set of tools that can be used to turn him into a monster.

Jaguars: Austin Senferian-Jenkins. If you could find one weakness on the Jags, it would be pass catchers; Jenkins is a talented one in his own right, quietly emerging as one of the better TEs in the league. He's now slated to be a 1b target for Blake Bortles, so I'm expecting a pretty big season from ASJ.

Colts: Quentin Nelson. The rest of the draft was a head scratcher for Indy, but Nelson is a day one impact starter for them. Nelson, being flanked by Ryan Kelly and Anthony Castazano will make one side of that OL very, very good. Possibly even great.

Barkley on the Giants, for obvious reasons.

Jimmy Graham with Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay.

Allen Robinson in Chicago.

Suh next to Donald with the Rams.

Bengals new additions to the OLine (their OLine was laughable last year....want to see how Glenn and Price in particular improve it....hopefully not much  :D )

Browns as a whole (want to see how it all pays off)

I was a big James Washington fan at Ok State, so watching how he fits/will fit in Pittsburgh intrigues me. Putting him with JuJu and Antonio should give him every opportunity to succeed early, especially with Ben throwing him the ball.

Putting Calvin Ridley opposite Julio in Atlanta is another move that I thought was a great one.

The Bengals making a legitimate attempt to revamp their horrific OL is about two years past due. I'm not an Andy Dalton apologist by any means, but hardly anyone could have succeeded with that sieve "blocking" for him.

I'm intrigued to see the fantasy football team that is the LA Rams and whether or not those splash moves pay off.

The whole Cousins to Minnesota and Alex Smith to the Redskins move makes for good drama.

2 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Baker Mayfield. Excited in general to watch the Browns this year.

Barring injury to Tyrod Taylor, Baker will not play at all this year, unless you tune in during the preseason. 

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Barring injury to Tyrod Taylor, Baker will not play at all this year, unless you tune in during the preseason. 

Tyrod got benched to take a look at rookie Nathan Peterman for a team firmly in the playoff race. And you are so confident he is going to keep a #1 overall pick on the sidelines for a Browns team with a beyond desperate coach?

Outside of QBs, rooks + Cousins, DJ Moore is the guy all Ravens fans will be watching with thirst/envy in our hearts.

1 hour ago, wackywabbit said:

Tyrod got benched to take a look at rookie Nathan Peterman for a team firmly in the playoff race. And you are so confident he is going to keep a #1 overall pick on the sidelines for a Browns team with a beyond desperate coach?

That beyond desperate coach will be gone before Baker ever takes the field as a starter, barring injury. Hue is a lame duck. Welcome Haley as your interim HC and maybe future HC Browns fans.

JMHO

2 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

Outside of QBs, rooks + Cousins, DJ Moore is the guy all Ravens fans will be watching with thirst/envy in our hearts.

I didn't like acquiring Tyrod Taylor for my Brownies at all, but he should have never been benched. That was one of the worst decisions made by any coach this season. He's nowhere near as bad as his benching indicated. He'll be a par-for-the-course starter and remain the Browns QB through the season methinks.

Dream Team 2.0 in the LA Rams. Talib/Peters, Suh/Donald, Brandin Cooks addition - it will all be interesting to see how it plays out. I think it will either go really well or really catastrophically bad, no in-between. 

Kirk Cousins in Minny - How will he handle the pressures of QBing for a team that if you don't make it to the superbowl - it will be viewed as a disappointment. He got paid, he has legit weapons everywhere, his defense is great - There is no excuse for him not to elevate the team the next level barring injury.

Mahomes and Sammy Watkins - Technically, Mahomes isn't a new addition but he redshirted last year so Ill throw him in there. I hate the Chiefs with a passion but I am really anxious to see Mahomes play, a guy I loved as a prospect. His unorthodox style, gunslinging mentality, howitzer of an arm, ability to create something out of nothing when a play goes to hell will be fun to watch. Watkins and Tyreek Hill will probably be the fastest starting duo of WRs in the league.  Andy Reid is going to have a ball. This offense is going to be a terror on defenses

Archived