Top 10 Most Talented Rosters

Hunter2_1

Ringer were discussing the most talented rosters in the NFL (pure on-paper talent). Who do you think should be up there?

It's pretty hard, but without an order, I'll go...

Philadelphia

Pittsburgh

LAR

LAC

Tennessee

Jacksonville

New Orleans

....Now I'm struggling

(They had both Cinci and Cleveland on there)

4 hours ago, Danger said:

It's pretty bad. Sark completely made people forget about this team all together.

Yeah, from a talent/roster construction perspective the team literally has no holes. 

Arguably:

Top 6 QB

Best WR corp

Best RB tandem 

Top 5 oline 

Top 10 Dline

Top 10 LB core

Top 5 secondary

If Sark, who now has the help of Greg Knapp, can get his act together this team should be one of the Superbowl favorites. Even then just cleaning up things like drops (leauge leading) should make this offense greatly improved. 

39 minutes ago, jarren said:

Yeah, from a talent/roster construction perspective the team literally has no holes. 

Arguably:

Top 6 QB

Best WR corp

Best RB tandem 

Top 5 oline 

Top 10 Dline

Top 10 LB core

Top 5 secondary

If Sark, who now has the help of Greg Knapp, can get his act together this team should be one of the Superbowl favorites. Even then just cleaning up things like drops (leauge leading) should make this offense greatly improved. 

Best RB duo? Good one

1 hour ago, jarren said:

..... this team should be one of the Superbowl favorites.

Currently ATL has the 12th best odds to win the Super Bowl at 22-1. Seems like a real opportunity to bank some coin

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/futures/

New England Patriots 6/1
Philadelphia Eagles 8/1
Minnesota Vikings 10/1
Los Angeles Rams 12/1
Pittsburgh Steelers 12/1
Green Bay Packers 14/1
New Orleans Saints 16/1
Houston Texans 20/1
Jacksonville Jaguars 20/1
Los Angeles Chargers 20/1
San Francisco 49ers 20/1
Atlanta Falcons 22/1

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

Currently ATL has the 12th best odds to win the Super Bowl at 22-1. Seems like a real opportunity to bank some coin

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/futures/

New England Patriots 6/1
Philadelphia Eagles 8/1
Minnesota Vikings 10/1
Los Angeles Rams 12/1
Pittsburgh Steelers 12/1
Green Bay Packers 14/1
New Orleans Saints 16/1
Houston Texans 20/1
Jacksonville Jaguars 20/1
Los Angeles Chargers 20/1
San Francisco 49ers 20/1
Atlanta Falcons 22/1

The 49ers over the falcons is so ridiculous.

25 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Sure you could make an argument. I guess one could also make the argument that Vanilla Ice is the greatest rapper of all time. 

Sark literally couldn't have employed Free and Coleman worse than he did last season. Going to he fun to revisit this at the end of the year. Hoping Ingram can keep up without the PEDs.  

3 hours ago, jarren said:

Arguably:

Top 6 QB

Best WR corp

Best RB tandem 

Top 5 oline 

Top 10 Dline

Top 10 LB core

Top 5 secondary

Best WR corp and best RB duo?

Yeah....I dont know. Id say theyre both like top 5. 

But youre getting wayyyy too ridiculous when you say Atlanta has a top 5 OL and a top 10 DL.

Didnt they just lose like 4 or 5 players on their DL? I actually think that their DL and total lack of depth is worrisome. And their OL is nowhere even close to being top 5 in the league. Thats ridiculous. Jake Matthews really hasnt lived up to expectations....Levitre and Mack are 32 and 33 years old and past their prime.....and then what?? Fusco and Schraeder round out this elite OL?

I agree that Atl is being slept on, especially when someone like SF is ahead of them in SB odds. But you make them seem like one of the most complete teams in the league....which I dont agree with

27 minutes ago, jarren said:

Sark literally couldn't have employed Free and Coleman worse than he did last season. Going to he fun to revisit this at the end of the year. Hoping Ingram can keep up without the PEDs.  

Yawn. This topic already bores me. Prediction...I never hear from you again after this season.

20 hours ago, BAConrad said:

Best WR corp and best RB duo?

Yeah....I dont know. Id say theyre both like top 5. 

But youre getting wayyyy too ridiculous when you say Atlanta has a top 5 OL and a top 10 DL.

Didnt they just lose like 4 or 5 players on their DL? I actually think that their DL and total lack of depth is worrisome. And their OL is nowhere even close to being top 5 in the league. Thats ridiculous. Jake Matthews really hasnt lived up to expectations....Levitre and Mack are 32 and 33 years old and past their prime.....and then what?? Fusco and Schraeder round out this elite OL?

I agree that Atl is being slept on, especially when someone like SF is ahead of them in SB odds. But you make them seem like one of the most complete teams in the league....which I dont agree 

I'd rank the Saints RB duo #1. Falcons duo behind them. But they could easily retake the #1 spot if Sark gets his act together and actually tries using them in the passing game. 

Who else would you take over the Falcons trio? Steelers and Vikings? You could easily make a valid argument that the Falcons trio is #1. 

As for the oline. Take a look at these rankings:

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000916199/article/saints-bills-rams-among-nfls-10-best-offensive-line-units%3fnetworkId=4595&site=.news&zone=story&zoneUrl=url%3Dstory&zoneKeys=s1%3Dstory&env&pageKeyValues=prtnr%3Dnext-gen-top-ten;team%3Dphi;conf%3Dnfc;dvsn%3Dnce;plyr%3Dmatthew_ryan;plyr%3Djavon_mack;plyr%3Deric_wood&p.ct=Next+Gen+Heroes&p.adsm=true&p.tcm=%23000&p.bgc1m=%23EAEAEA&sr=amp

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-ranking-all-32-offensive-lines-from-the-2017-nfl-season

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

NFL: #9

PFF: #2

FO: #8

Those rankings were based off last season however Atlanta is bringing back the exact same unit besides Wes Schwitzer who was BAD and by far the weakest link. Even though Fusco isnt some elite talent he's a signficant upgrade over Wes. 

Mack is still playing at an elite level. Jake Matthews might not be elite but hes still a good LT. The same can be said for Ryan Schraeder at RT. Both guards are solid. The line doesn't have any holes. 

After being ranked as high as 2 and as low as 9 (taking into account 3 different rankings) upgrading their biggest weakness could make them a top 5 unit. 

As for the Dline the only players of significance we lost were Dontari Poe and Adrian Clayborn. But keep in mind we basically add Vic Beasley back to the line after having to play him at LOLB due to injuries. Vic, Takk and Grady are a really good trio. We also added Terrel McClain and our 3rd round pick Deadrin Senat to the line. They'll battle out for the starting NT spot but we like to rotate so much they'll both get ample playing time. Then you got Reed and Shelby both of whom were in the top 3 for 4-3 DEs in run stop % as our main back up ends. Depth is solid. Keep in mind Dan Quinn is one of the best dline coaches in the world. He almost always gets the most out of his dlines (ask Seahawk fans).  I will say as a unit they are probably in that 9-13 range. But again I said arguably top 10 which is a valid arguemnt.

This is probably the most talented Falcons team of all time (last years team was close). Even with the offense playing as bad as they could we were within a Julio slip and drop (against the eventual champs) from being in the NFCCG in a supposed "hangover" year. This team is really good. 

2 hours ago, jarren said:

Yes you could make the argument Freeman/Coleman (and now Smith) are tops in the leauge. 

No, you really couldn't... 

Ingram and Kamara are the best duo in the entire history of the NFL, from a production stand point, has the ATL duo ever even been the best duo in the league from a production standpoint once?

Archived