Top 10 Most Talented Rosters

Hunter2_1

4 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Only because there are like 12-14 RB's better than him

One of whom is on his own team. I thought Gio just looked flat out better than Mixon last year. Granted, Gio is much more of a part time runner, but still. 

2 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

He's gotta do something first before we can wake up on him. He's talented, he's got an improved situation in Cincinnati - but as of now, he's nowhere near the top of the rookie class we got last year.

He’s a dormant talent quelled by an enemic offensive line.

I can understand while posters are yet to crown him anything more than middle of the pack. His YPC was dreadful. But that has nothing to do with him and everything to do with his supporting cast and usage his rookie year. I’m not going to penalize him for that. 

Hence, he’s being slept on. I’m projecting he makes a name for himself this season. 

Also, I thought this was the top 10 RB thread.:x

1 hour ago, Forge said:

One of whom is on his own team. I thought Gio just looked flat out better than Mixon last year. Granted, Gio is much more of a part time runner, but still. 

Bernard’s underrated too, if you ask me. You also have to remember Bernard has 5 seasons under his belt and Mixon was a 21 year old rookie. Bernard’s reached his full potential; likely in the conversation for the one of the leagues best scat backs. Mixon has just scratched the surface. 

But lets not derail and discuss in the other thread. 

2 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

He’s a dormant talent quelled by an enemic offensive line.

Nobody denied as much. But there are a lot of guys who'd be good behind a good OL.

4 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

I can understand while posters are yet to crown him anything more than middle of the pack. His YPC was dreadful. But that has nothing to do with him and everything to do with his supporting cast and usage his rookie year. I’m not going to penalize him for that.

I can't discount that, but it's not like you're going to get into a perfect situation every single time:

- Kamara walked into the best situation, but still split carries with an established, 1,000 yard runner in a traditionally pass heavy offense.

- Cook went to a team with a bad OL and down to their #3 QB.

- Hunt played in a pop gun offense with a QB who both was afraid to go down field as well as lacked the needed arm strength to make such throws.

- Fournette had an average OL, but below average QB play.

- McCaffrey had an inconsistent passing game with no true #1 WR, and was relegated to filling in that gap.

It impacts everyone in different ways. Some situations are more severe than others, no doubt - but nobody walks into a perfect situation.

13 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Hence, he’s being slept on. I’m projecting he makes a name for himself this season. 

Wouldn't be surprised either way. Could break out, could remain stagnant, could just marginally improve. I think he's good, and will get some positive attention.

14 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Also, I thought this was the top 10 RB thread.:x

Never let this happen AGAIN. :D

Why are we saying the Cowboys haven't been "relevant" in 20 years? Just because they haven't won a Super bowl? They made divisional round in 2014 and 2016. They were 9-7 last year but were 5-3 before Zeke got suspended. 

The issues outside of Zeke were Tyron Smith and Sean Lee going down, and not having the depth to recover. These issues were seemingly addressed when they drafted Leighton Vander Esch, Connor Williams, and signed Cameron Fleming from the patriots.

I'm a little sceptical of our WRs and REALLY unsure of our TEs, but a lot of smart people think highly of M.Gallup. Allen Hurns is serviceable. Cole Beasly is still okay. Tavon Austin may get some work outside. It's not all terrible.

Archived