No Redskins season ticket waiting list anymore

turtle28

No season ticket waiting list in Washington

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/06/13/no-season-ticket-waiting-list-in-washington/ via @ProFootballTalk

There once was a time when Washington boasted a season ticket waiting list of more than 200,000 fans. That was a time when the team was much more popular than it is today.

Today Washington acknowledged that there’s no wait for season tickets at all, and anyone who wants to buy season tickets is free to do so. Good seats are available.

The team’s new chief operation officer, Brian Lafemina, said they are “taking a fresh look at every area of the business.” That should include team owner Dan Snyder looking in the mirror: He’s been running the show this whole time, while tens of thousands of fans have decided it’s a show they don’t want to watch.

11 minutes ago, Woz said:

Paging @Thaiphoon

I always thought they lied about the waiting list being over 200k anyways. Also, if I remember correctly, the waiting list was so high when Joe Gibbs was here. Joe Gibbs was the draw a decade ago, not exactly the team because even with him last decade they didn’t do much winning from 04-07.

Just now, turtle28 said:

I always thought they lied about the waiting list being over 200k anyways. Also, if I remember correctly, the waiting list was so high when Joe Gibbs was here. Joe Gibbs was the draw a decade ago, not exactly the team because even with him last decade they didn’t do much winning from 04-07.

I bought tickets for one year (this was the Zorn era, I want to say), but had signed up for the wait list back in 2000-2001. So it was a lengthy process back in the day.

Still ... the stadium sucks, the parking sucks, getting to the stadium sucks, and the team has be meh at best since Snyder took over. Shocking it took this long to drain the list.

Of course, @Thaiphoon's next prediction is blackouts. I'm not so sure that's going to happen since it seems the NFL has eased off on their blackout policy, but it's certainly a concern.

This guy Jake Bye, who came from the Falcons, was hired as a Sales and Marketing exec. If you remember, the Falcons lowered their concessions considerably and actually turned a better profit than in years past. Not sure if this guy was involved or if the Redskins plan on doing something like that, but the team putting considerable effort to fixing the fan experience is exciting. 

Just now, A TRAIN 89 said:

This guy Jake Bye, who came from the Falcons, was hired as a Sales and Marketing exec. If you remember, the Falcons lowered their concessions considerably and actually turned a better profit than in years past. Not sure if this guy was involved or if the Redskins plan on doing something like that, but the team putting considerable effort to fixing the fan experience is exciting. 

It cannot get much worse.

I say that knowing full well it can.

On 6/13/2018 at 6:16 PM, Woz said:

I bought tickets for one year (this was the Zorn era, I want to say), but had signed up for the wait list back in 2000-2001. So it was a lengthy process back in the day.

Still ... the stadium sucks, the parking sucks, getting to the stadium sucks, and the team has be meh at best since Snyder took over. Shocking it took this long to drain the list.

Of course, @Thaiphoon's next prediction is blackouts. I'm not so sure that's going to happen since it seems the NFL has eased off on their blackout policy, but it's certainly a concern.

Call me Nostradamus!!

Seriously!

On pretty much (not all) every major player move we've made, I've been correct. And I've been correct here. 

We avoided the blackouts (prior to the league easing off) by eliminating seats in the top tier of the stadium.

My first seats I ever had (home side, at the goalline, 2 rows down from the very top) are now covered up.

And the end zone have been turned into "party zones" which are standing room only and dont count against the sell out policies/count.

This is how they have managed to continue to "sell out" the stadium

Seriously, this isnt a big shock to me and I saw it coming years ago. Just honored you guys remembered that I was out front predicting it.

45 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Call me Nostradamus!!

Seriously!

On pretty much (not all) every major player move we've made, I've been correct. And I've been correct here. 

We avoided the blackouts (prior to the league easing off) by eliminating seats in the top tier of the stadium.

My first seats I ever had (home side, at the goalline, 2 rows down from the very top) are now covered up.

And the end zone have been turned into "party zones" which are standing room only and dont count against the sell out policies/count.

This is how they have managed to continue to "sell out" the stadium

Seriously, this isnt a big shock to me and I saw it coming years ago. Just honored you guys remembered that I was out front predicting it.

I remember when you first wrote it (2008? 2009? tried to find it by had no luck) and my first reaction was "No way!" ... followed by a "wait a minute, he's right."

Man, @Thaiphoon and I thought I was the one who tooted his own horn too much! ? jk

It ‘tis true, you have usually been right over the last 12 years. I always say though, it seems with this organization it’s easier to take the pessimistic route because they generally screw things up.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

It ‘tis true, you have usually been right over the last 12 years. I always say though, it seems with this organization it’s easier to take the pessimistic route because they generally screw things up.

1. That's why you catch a lot of flak, because you take the contrarian position.

2. I wouldn't want it any other way. Well, I would like it more if you didn't get upset when you catch flak since you knowingly put yourself in the line of fire. But that's just me being selfish :D

3. But yeah, they do seem to go out of their way to find new and inventive means of stepping on their own crank with pointed cleats.

9 minutes ago, Woz said:

1. That's why you catch a lot of flak, because you take the contrarian position.

2. I wouldn't want it any other way. Well, I would like it more if you didn't get upset when you catch flak since you knowingly put yourself in the line of fire. But that's just me being selfish :D

3. But yeah, they do seem to go out of their way to find new and inventive means of stepping on their own crank with pointed cleats.

As for 2, I’m usually good for a while but after weeks of it or whatever on a topic, I think it’s human nature to snap. I wish I didn’t and I often regret it but I think anyone would snap unless they just didn’t care that much anymore about the team.

I mean @oldman9er has and he’s been in this forum like 1/100th of the time I have.

11 hours ago, turtle28 said:

As for 2, I’m usually good for a while but after weeks of it or whatever on a topic, I think it’s human nature to snap. I wish I didn’t and I often regret it but I think anyone would snap unless they just didn’t care that much anymore about the team.

I mean @oldman9er has and he’s been in this forum like 1/100th of the time I have.

what I did now? whatchu singles me out is for?  

200w.webp

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

We’re brothers in the crusade for at least some hope.

In that case, HELL YEAH... and it's far from blind hope, at that.

This team has a few positions that will require some real optimism over, likely worst being LG, but it's a strong roster overall. Tough division and conference, but I still see a legit playoff contender in Washington. 

high-five-smiley-emoticon.gif

( .. and I don't judge people that are broken from years of team abuse... I know people in my real world that take things too hard, and that's just how they're wired. I can't help but roll eyes at the need to constantly bring it to a team's fan forum with it, is all. ) :P 

• 2 months later...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/the-redskins-say-theyve-sold-out-every-game-since-1967-the-streak-may-end-sunday/2018/09/11/d86d29d0-b5d4-11e8-a2c5-3187f427e253_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.01044177d18e

The Redskins say they’ve sold out every home game since 1967. The streak may end Sunday. 

With four days remaining before the 

Washington Redskins’ home opener against the Indianapolis Colts, thousands of tickets remain unsold at FedEx Field. The unsold seats, combined with the Redskins’ admission that they no longer have a season ticket waitlist, raises a previously unthinkable question: Will Washington’s home opener sell out?

Redskins officials would not say how many seats were available at FedEx Field, which has been scaled back at least three times in recent years, from 91,704 to 82,000 seats, according to the team’s figures. But a review of available, previously unsold tickets on NFL Ticket Exchange showed that more than 3,650 were available Tuesday morning in all sections of the stadium, across all price points, for Sunday’s game.

Archived