No Redskins season ticket waiting list anymore

turtle28

Honestly, paying for season tickets and then paying to park as well has never made sense to me. Now I know every team does it but if Snyder wants to get back into the good graces of the fans he needs a new stadium, cheaper concessions exactly like the Falcons, no PSLs and free parking. You are already charging a butt load for a family to go and they’d probably make most of it back on the cheaper food and beer anyway. 

It just blows my mind how a guy who claims he’s been a fan his whole life, will never ever go broke for as long as he owns the team can nickel and dime the teams fans to death. The only reason I even went to a game last year was because my wife bought me tickets and I live in Old Town Alexandria like 20 minutes from FedEx Field. The experience sucks and he doesn’t care at all. 

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Honestly, paying for season tickets and then paying to park as well has never made sense to me. Now I know every team does it but if Snyder wants to get back into the good graces of the fans he needs a new stadium, cheaper concessions exactly like the Falcons, no PSLs and free parking. You are already charging a butt load for a family to go and they’d probably make most of it back on the cheaper food and beer anyway. 

It just blows my mind how a guy who claims he’s been a fan his whole life, will never ever go broke for as long as he owns the team can nickel and dime the teams fans to death. The only reason I even went to a game last year was because my wife bought me tickets and I live in Old Town Alexandria like 20 minutes from FedEx Field. The experience sucks and he doesn’t care at all. 

Mic drop

I know they announced 57K for today’s game but I’d be shocked if the figure wasn’t closer to 30K. This is the culmination of years of abusing your fan base. You continue employing a man that your fanbase absolutely despises and letting Kirk walk for nothing and the silly Alex Smith trade certainly didn’t help matters. Fans are just fed up. Dan can keep the team for as long as he wants but he’s killed the will of the fans. Most don’t even care anymore. 

I know they announced 57K for today’s game but I’d be shocked if the figure wasn’t closer to 30K. This is the culmination of years of abusing your fan base. You continue employing a man that your fanbase absolutely despises and letting Kirk walk for nothing and the silly Alex Smith trade certainly didn’t help matters. Fans are just fed up. Dan can keep the team for as long as he wants but he’s killed the will of the fans. Most don’t even care anymore. 

No way there was 57,000 in the building. When I left after the Reed fumble there was no traffic. That upper deck looks smaller and smaller every time I come. Last game I came down for was in 2012 and it took me an hour and a half to get out of the lot. The fancy new marketing Dept. Has this “hail yeah” hail this, hail that, I hail, you hail, we hail all over the stadium but who are they kidding. How about hail some football people in to run the thing and see how fast the place fills. 

I bet they sold 57k but 57k didn’t show

Just got rid of my 3 tickets and parking pass for the GB game on Sunday. At a loss to me.

Yesterday scalpers were selling lower bowl, 15 rows from the field for $40.

That's it.

This kills your season ticket sales. Why be a season ticket holder and pay thousands of dollars (my seats are $100/game for each seat), when you can stroll up on game day and get 15 rows back for $40?

Only game I'm now going to is my annual Cowgirls game (got rid of the rest to family/friends). And next year, I might not even do that.

I want Dan Snyder to be embarrassed. I want there to be a sea of green next week, where the only people in the stadium are Packers fans because Redskins fans don't care enough to go. I want every area to say "Why should I build your stadium, when no one even wants to go to your 8 games a year?" 

I feel sorry for some of our players, but that's what it's going to take for anything to change.

Washington home opener played in front of 20,000 empty seats

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/17/washington-home-opener-played-in-front-of-20000-empty-seats/

The team’s announced attendance for Sunday’s home opener was 57,013, which means there were upwards of 20,000 empty seats — and that’s after removing some seats from FedEx Field. Last year Washington’s announced attendance for the home opener was 78,658. In 2007, more than 90,000 fans attended a game against the Cowboys.

The fans who attended didn’t like what they saw in an ugly loss to the Colts. Adrian Peterson, the veteran running back who managed just 20 yards on 11 carries, said that during his 12-year career he hasn’t heard the kind of booing of the home team that he heard on Sunday.

It was a new one for me,” Peterson said. “It was different.”

That is sure to continue until the team starts playing better. Or until the stadium gets so empty that no one can hear the boos.

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Most people are saying on twitter that it was mostly Packers fans.

Was listening to the WJFK pregame show and the two Junkies (I don't know which ones) made an interesting point: not only are there are probably a bunch of Green Bay Packer fans in the area who would be attending, there was also a decent chance that a bunch of fans traveled to DC. It is incredibly difficult getting tickets to Lambeau, but everyone knows that there are going to be available tickets in DC.

Basically, the Redskins are likely playing the equivalent of 16 road games this year. While it is truly unfair to the players, it couldn't happen to a "better" owner.

Archived