No Redskins season ticket waiting list anymore

turtle28

The only way the Redskins can turn this around is by winning. I think most agree that once again the Redskins look like an average football team. Maybe that changes if our passing games more in sync over the next month, but I don’t know that that will even be enough.

We all know winning cures all; it did in 1999, 2005, 2007, 2012 and 2015.

So, until the Redskins become a consistent winner again like the 70s, 80s and early 90s, I don’t see the stadium being full every week again. Things drastically need to change and we need to win a lot, I’m not sure if that happens. I think we’re going to be stuck in mediocrity or slightly above just like we’ve been since free agency began and the stadium won’t be packed.

Perhaps in 5-10 years when we build a new stadium that will sell out for a while because of how new and hopefully awesome it will be but the team is still going to have to consistently win to sustain that attendance. 

27 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

The only way the Redskins can turn this around is by winning. I think most agree that once again the Redskins look like an average football team. Maybe that changes if our passing games more in sync over the next month, but I don’t know that that will even be enough.

So, until the Redskins become a consistent winner again like the 80s and early 90s, I don’t see the stadium being full every week again. Things drastically need to change and we need to win a lot, I’m not sure if that happens. I think we’re going to be stuck in mediocrity or slightly above just like we’ve been since free agency began and the stadium won’t be packed.

Perhaps in 5-10 years when we build a new stadium that will sell out for a while because of how new and hopefully awesome it will be but the team is still going to have to consistently win to sustain that attendance. 

I agree until the end.  Even if it's new, no one is going to pay PSL fees if the team is still garbage.  Currently, the Ravens sell them for $750-$8000 depending on location when they become available, which is rare because once someone buys it, they can pass it down through their family or sell it themselves.  

7 hours ago, turtle28 said:

So, until the Redskins become a consistent winner again like the 80s and early 90s, I don’t see the stadium being full every week again. Things drastically need to change and we need to win a lot, I’m not sure if that happens. I think we’re going to be stuck in mediocrity or slightly above just like we’ve been since free agency began and the stadium won’t be packed.

Problem with this theory is that it gets people out of the habit of buying tickets. Part of the reason that people buy season tickets is ... well ... they bought season tickets last year. They don't want to give them up in case there is an upturn in the team's fortunes.

However, if a fan gets to the "eff it" point and doesn't renew, it becomes much harder to convince them to come back.

Archived