2018 Draft Eligible QB Thread

CalhounLambeau

If Rosen, Darnold, and Allen come out next year. I feel like the results will be similar as the year Ben, Eli, and Rivers came out.

I had to rewatch a lot of games as well as interviews. I'd be happy with any of these 3. Not because I'm a UCLA fan, but I really hope Rosen's leg and Shoulder are healthy. He tried his best to stay on the field.

1 hour ago, Elusive_Tiger said:
  1. Darnold
  2. Rosen
  3. J Allen
  4. Francois
  5. Stidham
  6. Jackson
  7. Rudolph
  8. Falk
  9. A Allen
  10. Ferguson

God this QB class could be one of a kind if all come out, throw in Fitzgerald, Mayfield, Flowers, Litton, Browning, Browne, that guy at Idaho, Mangum, Rypien and Hill as mid-late round development guys and there's depth as well as top end talent.

7 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Why aren't most people eating up Luke Falk? I like him a lot from the little I've seen.

Not going to lie...I really hadn't been a fan in the little that I had seen of him. I hate the gimmicky offense, and he doesn't have a monster arm or anything. But as I've started to watch more and more? I don't know...I'm starting to see what the people who like him are raving about. Unlike a lot of the quarterbacks in this system, as I'm watching some plays (just cut ups now, will watch more and more actual games as the season goes on), I'm seeing him read the entire field, which is a big thing for me. He goes through some progressions. And I've been really impressed with some touch throws and ball placement. Yes, the ball doesn't fire out of his hands, and he's got some issues with not setting himself properly in the pocket all the time that I'm not super happy with, and I always have  concerns with guys from these type of systems adjusting to the NFL game. But I can at least say that I'm starting to see what guys like Mind Character see in him.

On 8/21/2017 at 9:43 PM, Forge said:

Not going to lie...I really hadn't been a fan in the little that I had seen of him. I hate the gimmicky offense, and he doesn't have a monster arm or anything. But as I've started to watch more and more? I don't know...I'm starting to see what the people who like him are raving about. Unlike a lot of the quarterbacks in this system, as I'm watching some plays (just cut ups now, will watch more and more actual games as the season goes on), I'm seeing him read the entire field, which is a big thing for me. He goes through some progressions. And I've been really impressed with some touch throws and ball placement. Yes, the ball doesn't fire out of his hands, and he's got some issues with not setting himself properly in the pocket all the time that I'm not super happy with, and I always have  concerns with guys from these type of systems adjusting to the NFL game. But I can at least say that I'm starting to see what guys like Mind Character see in him.

Yeah.  I'm still not at all sure what to make of him, but there are some intriguing things there.  That offense is so infuriating though, in so many ways.

He doesn't have a cannon arm, but the ball usually comes out quick and it's just a consistently pretty throw.  Tight spiral, and just the right touch on most things.  Looks very natural to me.

The other thing that's interesting to me, is that for a spread QB like that, there are times where you see him actually navigating a muddy pocket pretty darn well.  It's not all just snap and throw.  He does occasionally end up with clutter around him and does show some ability to move around in it with his eyes downfield.  Not sure how that translates to a pro style offense and actually playing under center in a conventional pocket, but he doesn't look like he's completely spooked by a bit of pressure.

Curse that system he's in though.

1 hour ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

Not seeing a lot of love for Clayton Thorson anywhere - think he's the biggest riser come draft time. 

He's a fourth year junior from Northwestern in a loaded QB class. It's going to take people a while to get to him if at all assuming he doesn't declare. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, BroncoSojia said:

Who advised Josh Allen to comeback to school? All of his weapons from last year are gone and there's little to no talent around him offensively. Hopefully this doesn't turn into another Matt Barkley situation.

Matt Barkley wasn't good, though (also, didn't he have Marqise Lee still?). First round QBs should be able to elevate the offense around them. To me, this smells more like a Jevan Snead situation.

38 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Matt Barkley wasn't good, though (also, didn't he have Marqise Lee still?). First round QBs should be able to elevate the offense around them. To me, this smells more like a Jevan Snead situation.

I'm just going specifically off draft stock. Matt Barkley was going to be a high first round pick for sure if he came out after his junior year. He went back to USC for "unfinished business" and ended up injuring his throwing shoulder and was never the same player. I just hope something similar doesn't happen to Josh Allen.

49 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

A lot of people never though Snead was that good either though. Just overhyped. If you believe that Allen is good ,then it's not comparable...if you believe that Allen is overhyped and not very good, that makes sense. 

Archived