2018 Draft Eligible QB Thread

CalhounLambeau

On 4/24/2018 at 12:25 AM, Shanedorf said:

NFC scout: "(Alex) Smith is the better athlete."

NFC scout: "...Thing I struggle with him is he gets sacked a lot.... He's mechanically very rigid. ... There will be more growing pains with Alex Smith but in the end he has a much better chance to be much better."

I've been a Rodgers fan since Cal, but I do agree with the above bits. He still has a penchant for unnecessary sacks, though not as often. Early on I remember some in Green Bay talking about mechanics, though he's proven them wrong. But I get the criticism at the time. Alex Smith was definitely a bigger chunk of clay coming out, but to this day I still think I give him a slight edge in athleticism.

With the poor situations Smith had for the majority of his career in SF, I've often wondered how it would have turned out if the roles were flipped. 

40 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Here's former NFL journeyman Dan Orlovsky breaking down the top 5 QBs in this class for the Players Tribune

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/dan-orlovsky-2018-nfl-draft-class-quarterback-breakdown

21 minutes ago, Teen Girl Squad said:

I love his breakdowns and agree with what he has observed.

The danger in this is that Orlovsky's just confirming my gut feelings on all the guys.  So there's a huge risk of confirmation bias in touting this.   But I do love the in-depth analysis (and yes, I agree with the takes lol).

Archived