2018 Draft Eligible QB Thread

CalhounLambeau

8 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

And that's where the discrepancy is coming from.  There's a faction that believe that Josh Allen has displayed enough "traits" to warrant potentially using a 1st round pick on him, when the reality is that those same posters are willing to ignore what happens on a down-to-down basis.

Yeah I guess I wasn't very clear in my OPs. I think he will go in the 1st, but is not deserving

None of the top guys are playing like first round picks right now.  Let's just see how the season plays out, see if these guys can show some maturation.  Lots of issues with turnovers.  I still think Rosen, Darnold, and Allen are all first rounders if they declare.

3 hours ago, Groink said:

None of the top guys are playing like first round picks right now.  Let's just see how the season plays out, see if these guys can show some maturation.  Lots of issues with turnovers.  I still think Rosen, Darnold, and Allen are all first rounders if they declare.

If everyone declares, I really think we will end up with at least 5 quarterbacks in the first round. Whether or not they deserve to be taken there is another story, but I think that you could easily see five

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Cleveland and San Francisco will pick 1 and 2 again. It all depends on which QBs declare.

Yep. And honestly, we may not even draft a quarterback. Depends on how the Cousins saga plays out. Luckily, we will know about that before we head into the draft. 

5 hours ago, Forge said:

Yep. And honestly, we may not even draft a quarterback. Depends on how the Cousins saga plays out. Luckily, we will know about that before we head into the draft. 

Schematically I think Rosen and Darnold can work in either offense. If we are talking elements, Darnold fits better in Cleveland’s weather than Rosen.

47 minutes ago, Elusive_Tiger said:

Or neither might take a QB. I think the Browns should draft Barkley and see how Kizer does with him. 49ers will sign Cousins or give Beathard a year to see what he has.

I can’t see it. The front office has been blasted enough already. However, they might just not care. I do love Barkley though.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

I can’t see it. The front office has been blasted enough already. However, they might just not care. I do love Barkley though.

This is the Browns problem, and thus why they are the skid mark of the NFL. They give up on their QBs/mishandle them. Any competent organization would see what Kizer has over a year or two after spending a second round pick on him. Why did they select him otherwise?

11 minutes ago, Elusive_Tiger said:

This is the Browns problem, and thus why they are the skid mark of the NFL. They give up on their QBs/mishandle them. Any competent organization would see what Kizer has over a year or two after spending a second round pick on him. Why did they select him otherwise?

I get giving him this entire year, but I'm not just handing him a second year, especially in a season where I can have the top pick in the draft with franchise quarterbacks available. I think most teams would play it like that, unless they really happened to like what they see from the second rounder (which, obviously they don't if they've already benched him lol). It's just like the Jimmy Clausen situation. The second is a sunk cost at this point, you're not getting it back. You should be doing what is best for your team moving forward, which is getting a franchise quarterback. 

24 minutes ago, Elusive_Tiger said:

We are also a joke because of the guys we’ve passed on. Which is what would happen if we passed on yet another QB with the first pick.

Archived