• Taven Bryan
    • Jermey Parnell
    • Josh Lambo
    • T.J. Yeldon
    • Donte Moncrief
    • D.J. Hayden
    • Ronnie Harrison
    • Other (please specify)
  2. 2. How much further should we continue this?

• Stop right at this one
    • Stop at 20
    • Stop at 25
    • Stop at 30
    • Rank the whole roster

1. Jalen Ramsey

2. Calais Campbell

3. A.J. Bouye

4. Yannick Ngakoue

5. Telvin Smith

6. Andrew Norwell

7. Malik Jackson

8. Brandon Linder

9. Leonard Fournette

10. Myles Jack

11. Marcel Dareus

12. Tashaun Gipson

13. Blake Bortles

14. Barry Church

I think we definitely hit the significant drop out point on a tier.

Unquestioned superstars

1. Jalen Ramsey

2. Calais Campbell

Blue chip stars

3. A.J. Bouye

4. Yannick Ngakoue

5. Telvin Smith

6. Andrew Norwell

Borderline stars

7. Malik Jackson

8. Brandon Linder

9. Leonard Fournette

Incredible role players

10. Myles Jack

11. Marcel Dareus

12. Tashaun Gipson

Entrenched starters

13. Blake Bortles

14. Barry Church

—————

Everything past here is either guys who are replaceable, guys who haven’t developed yet/won’t, or a handful on the tail end of their careers.

Getting to 14 player before hitting that point is good, but that might be a bad thing, given we’ve got one skill position player on offense that we actually all agree belongs on the board thus far.

I went with Parnell. He’s been a decent run blocker and does a good job handling EDGE guys one on one. Nothing flashy and doesn’t have the potential of the other OT on the board but he does things consistently at a passable lev.

4 hours ago, iPwn said:

I think we definitely hit the significant drop out point on a tier.

Unquestioned superstars

1. Jalen Ramsey

2. Calais Campbell

Blue chip stars

3. A.J. Bouye

4. Yannick Ngakoue

5. Telvin Smith

6. Andrew Norwell

Borderline stars

7. Malik Jackson

8. Brandon Linder

9. Leonard Fournette

Incredible role players

10. Myles Jack

11. Marcel Dareus

12. Tashaun Gipson

Entrenched starters

13. Blake Bortles

14. Barry Church

—————

Everything past here is either guys who are replaceable, guys who haven’t developed yet/won’t, or a handful on the tail end of their careers.

Getting to 14 player before hitting that point is good, but that might be a bad thing, given we’ve got one skill position player on offense that we actually all agree belongs on the board thus far.

i would put Ngakoue in the Superstar tab.  Master of the Strip sack like Freeney :P

5 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

i would put Ngakoue in the Superstar tab.  Master of the Strip sack like Freeney :P

I think more important than moving Yannick up to the Superstar tab would be moving AJ Bouye up into the Superstar tab. He is an all-pro, who got voted to the pro bowl. Allowed the worst passer rating for a CB when targeted in the NFL last season. A top 10 CB in the league. A top 40 player in the NFL according to the voting by over 1 thousand NFL players. I think we need to put some RESPEK on his name. Out here treating him like a BUM-YE. 

Image result for respek

14 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

i voted Cam. we saw him play good when healthy.   i think Fowler isnt an unquestionable starter because u have to scheme him into pressures and sacks. 

Disrespectful. Not the Fowler part, but unless you're using projection, you should not place Cam > Parnell. Parnell is the unsung hero of the offensive line. He's not a guy who doesn't stand out, but that's both a positive and a negative for him. He's consistent and does a solid job in pass pro, and he is a mauler in the ground game. His consistency is what puts him above Cam. Parnell > Cam!

This is not schemed pressure. This is PURE A** WHIP! Shoots off the line when the ball is snapped. Gets low with the rip move and just obliterates number 71. Bends that doggone corner and flips those hips towards TB. Chases him down like a DOG in Black Mirror to get the sack. 

Second play! You say scheme? I say hustle and relentlessness! Goes up to put hands on number 71, but he gets his right in the guy by the running back who came to double team with the chip. Takes the shot to the gut and reengages with #71 (shout out to the coverage for making Brady hold the ball). Puts a hand on 71 and hits him with a spin move. Gets to chasing after Brady for the take down. 

23 minutes ago, Jags said:

He is an all-pro, who got voted to the pro bowl.

So is Norwell.

There’s only about 20-25 players across the league that I would put as an unquestioned superstar. And we don’t have three.

We do, however, have 7 blue chip game changers.

But I guess everyone has different meaning for the words we use.

1 minute ago, iPwn said:

So is Norwell.

There’s only about 20-25 players across the league that I would put as an unquestioned superstar. And we don’t have three.

We do, however, have 7 blue chip game changers.

But I guess everyone has different meaning for the words we use.

What makes a player an unquestioned superstar by your definition? 

7 minutes ago, Jags said:

What makes a player an unquestioned superstar by your definition? 

A guy that I believe will (or has been) be in the discussion for all pro year in and year out. A guy who is often times a leader of a team. A guy that when the schedule comes out, you look and say “that could be a problem”. Someone who is going to (assumed progression, longevity, etc) garner discussions on whether they belong in the Hall of Fame. Players who kinda transcend.

I may be missing a couple, but my list for the Jaguars all time is:

Fred Taylor

Jimmy Smith

Tony Boselli

Jalen Ramsey

Calais Campbell

And that’s basically it.

Archived