2018 Draft RB Thread

CalhounLambeau

9 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Kalen Ballage is a monster, 6'3 and 220 - he can catch and pass protect. He's got a lot of juice in his legs, can step and his great top end speed. It's sad to see his line get blown to pieces every week but he's a very intriguing prospect. 

6'3" is actually a detriment for me.

EDIT: Wisconsin may be struggling, but you know who is not? Jonathan Taylor. 13 carries for 75 yards and 2 TD's. Sure, his long is 11, but that makes his 5.8 YPC all that more impressive.

On 9/30/2017 at 3:32 AM, goldfishwars said:

Kalen Ballage is a monster, 6'3 and 220 - he can catch and pass protect. He's got a lot of juice in his legs, can step and his great top end speed. It's sad to see his line get blown to pieces every week but he's a very intriguing prospect. 

At 227 pounds ran 22.5mph, 37-inch vertical. Uncle played in the NFL. Another in the UFL/CFL, dad played CFB. 

17 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Watching highlights of Barkely, there is something freaky about him. Not sure specifically, is it deceleration, coordination, or balance but something about him I don't understand how he moves the way he does.

You can see all that in this play from yesterday.  And the LB he abused is a damn good one, Tegray Scales.

https://twitter.com/KevinOnCFB/status/914221811893751808

21 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Watching highlights of Barkely, there is something freaky about him. Not sure specifically, is it deceleration, coordination, or balance but something about him I don't understand how he moves the way he does.

I think part of it is that Barkley can make moves and not lose speed. So lets say he's going to the outside and it's bottled up, he can do a jump cut to the inside and still pretty much be at full speed. From what I've seen, he has shown himself to be a complete back as well, succeeding in running, receiving, and pass blocking.

On 10/1/2017 at 9:53 PM, CalhounLambeau said:

At 227 pounds ran 22.5mph, 37-inch vertical. Uncle played in the NFL. Another in the UFL/CFL, dad played CFB. 

Wow, and you can really see that sudden athleticism with him. Fun to see him wiping out defensive backs when run blocking in wild cat formations too. He's just a bit different. 

On 10/1/2017 at 11:08 PM, DraftHobbyist said:

I think part of it is that Barkley can make moves and not lose speed. So lets say he's going to the outside and it's bottled up, he can do a jump cut to the inside and still pretty much be at full speed. From what I've seen, he has shown himself to be a complete back as well, succeeding in running, receiving, and pass blocking.

His blocking has really improved so far this year.  Still not quite there yet, but a lot better than last year.

10 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Wow, and you can really see that sudden athleticism with him. Fun to see him wiping out defensive backs when run blocking in wild cat formations too. He's just a bit different. 

If he keeps performing. I could see him actually being the 2nd RB off the board depending on his tape this year and a great combine.

Archived