2018 Draft RB Thread

CalhounLambeau

I'm not it sure who I like more between Barkley and Guice. 

Barkey has the best moves I've seen idk ever possibly his jukes are so hard

but Guice has breakaway speed and that's a fact while also effortlessly being a 3 down back

id take either for my browns next year we'll definitely be in a luxury position to take one of these guys

On 8/17/2017 at 9:58 PM, rickyt31 said:

Barkley is built like the perfect RB.

5'10"-5'11" and he's 228 pounds right now which is right around the sweet spot for me too. He reminds me a lot of LaDainian Tomlinson, will be slightly bigger and more refined coming out of college than Tomlinson was. 

2 hours ago, CalhounLambeau said:

5'10"-5'11" and he's 228 pounds right now which is right around the sweet spot for me too. He reminds me a lot of LaDainian Tomlinson, will be slightly bigger and more refined coming out of college than Tomlinson was. 

That's a good one.  Has the size to be physical but is a home run threat as well. One of his workout videos made me go to the gym.

On 8/18/2017 at 6:11 PM, brownie man said:

I'm not it sure who I like more between Barkley and Guice. 

Barkey has the best moves I've seen idk ever possibly his jukes are so hard

but Guice has breakaway speed and that's a fact while also effortlessly being a 3 down back

id take either for my browns next year we'll definitely be in a luxury position to take one of these guys

Barkley runs in the 4.3s and caught 28 passes last year.  Guice is a non-factor in the passing game.

3 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Guice is a non-factor in the passing game.

That's more about opportunity than capability. 

He has good hands and supposedly the new offensive coordinator at LSU, Matt Canada, is planning on utilizing him more in the passing game.

During the spring, Canada has created more versatility in the passing game by featuring LSU junior running back Derrius Guice.

Last season, Guice tallied just 9 catches for 106 receiving yards. With his ability to make defenders miss in the open field, Guice can be a menace to defenses as a receiver, a role he throughly embraces.

“I will be at receiver a lot now,” Guice said. “Those linebackers are in for a treat. That’s all I got to say. As far as me running the ball from out of the backfield, it’s not really different. The only difference is me going out to receiver and putting on some moves to linebackers.”

Source: https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/lsu-football/tigers-excited-versatility-canadas-offense/

Just now, brownie man said:

Yeah actually Guice was the number 1 APB coming out of high school. He was a beast in the passing game. If the offense they're bringing in will let him showcase that he has more potential as a natural pass catcher than Barkley I believe 

In the High School Army All American game his team was loaded at RB, so he volunteered to play slot WR instead and ended up winning the MVP award with 2 receptions for 153 yards and 2 TDs.

Barkley is the best pure RB I've ever seen in college.  The total package from what I can see.  Physical, fast, all the moves and size.  He's like the pure RB version of Christian McCaffrey, who was the perfect package as far as a receiving back goes.  I haven't seen some of the other guys in college as much as I saw Barkley and McCaffrey, but I can't imagine them being better than Barkley.  Yes, Barkley is a much better prospect than Adrian Peterson and better than Ezekiel Elliott too IMO.  

19 hours ago, Magnus-Viktor said:

Barkley is the best pure RB I've ever seen in college.  The total package from what I can see.  Physical, fast, all the moves and size.  He's like the pure RB version of Christian McCaffrey, who was the perfect package as far as a receiving back goes.  I haven't seen some of the other guys in college as much as I saw Barkley and McCaffrey, but I can't imagine them being better than Barkley.  Yes, Barkley is a much better prospect than Adrian Peterson and better than Ezekiel Elliott too IMO.  

From a true sophomore it doesn't get much better than what I saw last year. 

8 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I feel like he tries to bounce it outside too much.

Hopefully we see less of that this year.

That's very common for young players who are athletic as Saquon Barkley. He's a smart player. I think he'll evolve. It's not a concern for me at all. 

When the Eagles drafted Pumphrey I started watching as much as I could on him, and then saw his running mate Rashaad Penny and I like him a lot. Ideal size, looks like he has some good burst and he catches the ball well too in limited opportunities. 

Archived