2018 Draft RB Thread

CalhounLambeau

On 10/1/2017 at 6:19 PM, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Gotta show he is a complete back before he's even a top 5 prospect for this draft. Stanford is purely using him as a runner right now, and their line is giving him some gaping holes.

How do you find a way to turn a guy rushing for 1,088 yards in 5 games to a negative. A guy average 10+ yds a carry. Check the NC game last year when the coaches had a QB they were confident could throw the ball. He showed the ability to catch it out of the backfield.

On 9/30/2017 at 6:16 PM, Jeezla said:

Opinions on ND RB Josh Adams? He has 159 yards and 2 td's on 8 carries through the 1st quarter. 6'2" 225 lbs.

Last season I thought Adams really lacked strength and explosion in his lower half. He appears a bit stronger this season and showing better burst but I'm still skeptical.

On 10/1/2017 at 1:53 AM, 11sanchez11 said:

Watching highlights of Barkley, there is something freaky about him. Not sure specifically, is it deceleration, coordination, or balance but something about him I don't understand how he moves the way he does.

I know exactly what you mean. But it actually scares the **** out of me. This guy is stopping and starting lack a scatback but he's 225+. I swear I'm cringing every time he makes one of those phenomenal moves. He's a freak but the body can take only so much.

9 hours ago, Danger said:

Kallen Ballage has the physical tools, but he hasn't really impressed on the field yet IMO.

This. I'm a big Ballage fan but he runs upright and lacks consistent physicality. He doesn't play to that size yet. It's possible it's just a coaching thing but it's also possible he's another Matt Jones.

2 hours ago, Scout said:

Chase Edmonds

He's such a perfect pick for the Chiefs it's almost scary.

Small School

Interesting(enough) name

Short but tough.

Although Dorsey is gone so I got no idea what this 'new guy' is gonna do.

Thanks, I'll keep an eye on him.

On Sun Oct 01 2017 at 11:53 PM, brownie man said:

Saquon is the best RB prospect I've ever seen not named Adrian Peterson. 

Barkley is absolutely obscene. As others have said, its almost inhuman what he can get his body to do.

Jacques Patrick for Florida State was just injured. Some sort of knee or ankle injury.

UPDATE: So what do you guys think about Guice for LSU? He was a highly touted prospect with over 1,300 rushing yards last year, but he has been injured this year and had 6 carries for 12 yards so far this year. He must not be 100%. Is Guice still on pace to come out this year?

UPDATE2: Wadley with another 23 carries for 115 yards and 1 TD as well as 2 catches for 14 yards and another TD.

On 10/4/2017 at 10:24 AM, Chiefer said:

Looking for a backup RB rounds 4-7 to pair with Kareem Hunt

A good zone back that needs to be able to everything 

I'd take a look at Jordan Scarlett if he declares. He'd be a steal on late-Day 3. He's suspended for the stupid credit card nonsense that a bunch of Gators got into this off-season. He may not play this year, but if he hadn't gotten into trouble, I think he'd be a Day 2 pick. Florida isn't missing him because our true freshman, Malik Davis, is a future star. But I remember Mike Gillislee well at Florida, and Scarlett is a better HB than Gillislee was.

On 10/4/2017 at 12:24 PM, Chiefer said:

Looking for a backup RB rounds 4-7 to pair with Kareem Hunt

A good zone back that needs to be able to everything 

As much as others love him and think he'll go in the 2nd round range, I expect Royce Freeman to be around in the 4th round. He's a do-it-all type, but not a bell cow. He'd be perfect for what you are describing.

Just now, REDandPEWTER said:

As a Bucs fan. We won't have a prayer at Barkley. 

Im digging Walton from Florida state. He's a tough runner. At 5'9 195 the kid has burst. 

From Miami. Probably over 195 right now. Will turn 21 in February. Plenty of time to get to the size Clinton Portis was. 

Archived