2018 Draft RB Thread

CalhounLambeau

On 10/9/2017 at 8:48 PM, ronjon1990 said:

Martez Carter is fast. I know people will knock the level of competition, but he's really good. He has that weird "stop-start without ever really stopping" thing. And his balance and awareness of the sidelines is phenomenal. I've gone up that way from New Orleans a few times to watch him in person. 

I see another Maurice Jones-Drew when I watch Carter. Small but very muscular, low center gravity - it's hard to square up on him and even if you could he's not going down easy. Quick and very fast, versatile and instinctive in the open field.

MJD light, but size concerns and pedigree of school will drop him. I think he should be a 2/3rd round guy, but 5-7 flyer is probably what to expect, IMO.

2018 RB class has a chance to be one of the best ever. 

My top 5 RB prospects right now are:

1. Saquon Barkley (Penn State) - the GOAT

2. Ronald Jones II (USC) - Jamaal Charles 2.0

3. Rashaad Penny (San Diego State)

4. Mark Walton (Miami)

5. John Kelly (Tennessee) - Ray Rice 2.0

Don't have a good comp right now for Penny or Walton but I love all 5.  I would rank all of them higher than every RB from the 2017 draft outside of Alvin Kamara and James Conner.

4 hours ago, VanS said:

2018 RB class has a chance to be one of the best ever. 

My top 5 RB prospects right now are:

1. Saquon Barkley (Penn State) - the GOAT

2. Ronald Jones II (USC) - Jamaal Charles 2.0

3. Rashaad Penny (San Diego State)

4. Mark Walton (Miami)

5. John Kelly (Tennessee) - Ray Rice 2.0

Don't have a good comp right now for Penny or Walton but I love all 5.  I would rank all of them higher than every RB from the 2017 draft outside of Alvin Kamara and James Conner.

Higher than Fournette!?

2 hours ago, YogiBiz said:

I don't understand the infatuation with Guice (LSU), and Jones (USC). I think they are going to be very average in the NFL. 

2016 Guice is an Ezekiel Elliott level player in my opinion. I don’t watch much college football curing the season, but I believe injuries have slowed him down quite a bit. I’m with you on Jones. People see the #25 and the slight build and immediately think Jamaal Chases; he’s not Jamaa Charles.

4 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

2016 Guice is an Ezekiel Elliott level player in my opinion. I don’t watch much college football curing the season, but I believe injuries have slowed him down quite a bit. I’m with you on Jones. People see the #25 and the slight build and immediately think Jamaal Chases; he’s not Jamaa Charles.

Thank you! Every year it seems like someone gets compared to Jamaal Charles and it is always a horrible comparison. Melvin Gordon, Ronald Jones, etc. 

7 hours ago, Jlash said:

You had Conner ranked ahead of Fournette last year?

Yup.  And still do.

I also like James Conner going forward better.  Think he'll be a perennial pro-bowl RB after the Steelers let go of Le'Veon Bell.

9 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

He isn't Jamal Charles but he is fantastic prospect and is it  really any difference than all the other RB prospects being compared to HOFs or soon to be HOFs. Skill positions tend to get hyped every year.

Archived