Raiders Fear Suspension for WR Martavis Bryant

Dr LBC

The Raiders fear potential NFL discipline might be imminent for wide receiver Martavis Bryant, sources said Thursday, inciting internal uneasiness at the conclusion of an otherwise encouraging spring workout program.

Multiple team officials declined comment as they left for a weekslong break before training camp, but they acknowledged the club is awaiting final word on the situation. It is believed to pertain to the NFL’s substance-abuse policy.

Bryant, 26, missed the entire 2016 season after repeated policy violations. That he again might be liable to discipline does not signify a failed drug test. Failure to attend a scheduled exam can evoke an infraction, too.

Now auditioning for the role of New Josh Gordon...

On the real though, the Raiders knew this was exactly the risk when they traded a 3rd for Bryant in the first place.  And if this is a SAP infraction, Bryant's hosed - we're talking indefinite suspension (i.e. exactly Josh Gordon territory).

Edit: Yes, I realized that I quoted the tweet of a Fantasy Football guy, however the article he's linking to is MIchael Gehlken's and Mike is a legit source.

14 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So if it is another substance abuse violation, does that mean another season ender? 

Minimum 1 year if it's substance abuse, given he was at a year last time.   And that's best-case, it's clearly stated to be a minimum of 1 calendar year.

It's crazy that OAK would be praying it's a PED - IIRC they are treated differently.

Archived