Patriots extend FB James Develin

SteelKing728

According to Jeff Howe of The Athletic, the Patriots have extended fullback James Develin‘s contract.

Develin’s deal was set to expire after this season, but his two-year deal is worth $3.8 million, with a $600,000 signing bonus.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/06/14/patriots-extend-fullback-james-develin/

Develin is a good player, but is a Fullback worth that kind of money? Do you agree with this move? 

While the traditional blocking fullback is being phased out, I think any fullback with above average ball skills, like Develin, is absolutely worth $2 million/year.

I'm still shocked that Toby Gerhart hasn't resurfaced in the league as a fullback or H-back utility player.  Things didn't work out in Jax as a featured back, but he showed in Minn that he can play.  I'd love to have the luxury of a guy with Gerhart's ball handling ability lined up at fullback.

9 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

According to Jeff Howe of The Athletic, the Patriots have extended fullback James Develin‘s contract.

Develin’s deal was set to expire after this season, but his two-year deal is worth $3.8 million, with a $600,000 signing bonus.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/06/14/patriots-extend-fullback-james-develin/

Develin is a good player, but is a Fullback worth that kind of money? Do you agree with this move? 

It's less than 2 million a year, its about as inconsequential as it gets, and if you actually play him, then there's no issue with it. I wouldn't have issues with paying a guy who is solely a special teams standout that much.  Still nowhere close to what Juice Check gets with the 49ers. 

On 6/15/2018 at 9:52 AM, freak_of_nature said:

Less than 2M per year. I don't see the big deal.

Ah yes, Footballs Future in June. The dedicated users dodging suspension, injury, or arrest news in search for any piece of fluff that might distract us for a few minutes.

2de99aac7b3bcb3fc4c706fbc4f5f533.gif

"Is that... an article about a Brady/Belichick schism?? Give it here!!!"

Archived