2018 Draft Eligible WR Thread

CalhounLambeau

So, as the foremost NEB fan on this board I am Obligated to make the following Post:

WR Stanley Morgan JR.

6-1 195

2017 2 Games (12 REC-205 YRDS-17.1-AVG-3TDs)

Everyone on here should know of the awful QB play of Tommy Armstrong So his first two years aren't too much to note but I wanted to make a tentative hype about him depending on the play of the New QB Tanner Lee. Lee had a pretty bad game (Armstrongesque) against Oregon but even still is the type of QB Reily wants and has already taken to making Morgan his favorite target. Morgan has the talent to be a strong name and the size and power for a potential draft pick but this season will go a long way. There is a real chance that, if he has a strong year, he could come on as a potential prospect.

So far this year he's had 2 100 yard outings which is kind of a big deal at a place where running the ball has always been the thing. He had a big game against Oregon with two TDs but had two big drops that directly affected the game; One leading to an INT and another that killed a late scoring drive. 

I'll update this post as the season goes along.

Here are his targets so far this year:

Morgan is interesting, but he's only a Junior, so he's probably going back to school. He tries to go for a lot of one handed catches when he doesn't need to, but when he uses both hands, he makes some nice hands catches. He's not getting a ton of separation, though, and I'd like to see him give his QB more room on the sideline. Also, good teams have been able to limit him to around 50 yards or less, so I'd like to see him have that breakout game against a ranked opponent.

3 hours ago, DraftHobbyist said:

Morgan is interesting, but he's only a Junior, so he's probably going back to school. He tries to go for a lot of one handed catches when he doesn't need to, but when he uses both hands, he makes some nice hands catches. He's not getting a ton of separation, though, and I'd like to see him give his QB more room on the sideline. Also, good teams have been able to limit him to around 50 yards or less, so I'd like to see him have that breakout game against a ranked opponent.

For the last point I'd like to argue. It's not the teams that limited him as much as it was the QB. He has never really had trouble with separation.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2017 at 9:52 PM, brownie man said:

My Browns have the worst playmakers in the NFL. 

Is Auden Tate a first-round receiver? We need talent bad and I wanna get an idea whos available that'll actually add top-level value. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13RgfxMu4CW0NKMZebZ88cgg7b7MlszjfzXxEeId7Y34/edit?usp=sharing

Here is my list of WR's.

For me right now, Auden Tate is a first-round receiver and my personal favorite. I'd recommend looking into Penn State WR Juwan Johnson (6'3" 220)  as a guy who could tear it up down the stretch and declare early. Equanimeous. St. Brown, Jaylen Smith, Courtland Sutton, Calvin Ridley, Richie James, Christian Kirk, KeKe Coutee, Deon Cain, James Washington, Dante Pettis, etc. You might not need to use a first round pick to get an impact player in 2018. Might be a pretty deep year at the top. 

Yeah Browns need a big receiver with reliable hands. Coleman can still be an outside guy but we need another reliable potentially dominate guy across from him. 

Also could use a slot in like the second or third round a great route runner with reliable hands. 

I believe we lead the league in drops by a good margin 

19 hours ago, justo said:

Anyone else feel like Courtland Sutton, Dante Pettis and Auden Tate are the three best receivers in CFB right now?

Sutton has deceptive speed and size but he kind of lacks that dog that you want to see a top receiver have. Pettis is thoroughly overrated imo. Tate I haven't seen enough of.

4 hours ago, brownie man said:

Yeah Browns need a big receiver with reliable hands. Coleman can still be an outside guy but we need another reliable potentially dominate guy across from him. 

Also could use a slot in like the second or third round a great route runner with reliable hands. 

I believe we lead the league in drops by a good margin 

There's still a lot of Coleman believers. Seems pretty clear to me that this guy was considerably overrated coming out of Baylor. Even 100% healthy he hasn't won very often. And now he's injury prone and remains nearly as raw as a rookie. That ship is ready to set sail.

5 hours ago, BrownLeader said:

Sutton has deceptive speed and size but he kind of lacks that dog that you want to see a top receiver have. Pettis is thoroughly overrated imo. Tate I haven't seen enough of.

There's still a lot of Coleman believers. Seems pretty clear to me that this guy was considerably overrated coming out of Baylor. Even 100% healthy he hasn't won very often. And now he's injury prone and remains nearly as raw as a rookie. That ship is ready to set sail.

Sutton caught a ball over like 5 DBs' heads vs UNT earlier this year. Plenty of "want"/"dog" there.

Stanely Morgan missed week 4 with a soft tissue neck injury; He was the B1G's leading receiver up to that point.

He returned in week 5 and had 96 yards and a TD but had a number of drops. Has near to 400 yards and 4 TDs in 4 games so far. 

Wisconsin will be a good test for him. 

14 hours ago, Supersuavesky said:

Stanely Morgan missed week 4 with a soft tissue neck injury; He was the B1G's leading receiver up to that point.

He returned in week 5 and had 96 yards and a TD but had a number of drops. Has near to 400 yards and 4 TDs in 4 games so far. 

Wisconsin will be a good test for him. 

And he passes the eye test as well.

Archived