2018 Draft Eligible WR Thread

CalhounLambeau

9 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Cousin?  Austin?  Yeah.  It's not helpful for the guy.

I think Dante has more twitch and quickness, which should be important.  Doesn't have the same big heavy frame at all.  But having that shadow cast...it definitely invites doubt.

Cousin? Ah, I thought Austin was his brother. Well, anyways, Austin had highly impressive twitch and quickness for a 6'3" WR. He also had stellar body control. I think he didn't pan out because he lacked the character.

On 11/4/2017 at 12:30 PM, CalhounLambeau said:

Unfortunately I think he was born a little too late and he's played so well he may have played himself out of their range. They usually bring those guys in from FA and I think Edelman was the only one they drafted and he was a 6th/7th round pick. Don't worry, other teams are utilizing those players now - he'll find a nice home. 

Maybe he stays in Miami after Landry leaves in FA...

Braxton Berrios is strictly a slot receiver, but he's tough as nails, catches the ball consistently, returns punts, blocks well, and runs very good routes. He's going to be in the NFL for a long time serving as a role player to the superfreaks on the perimeter. I'd love him in Cleveland being flanked by Gordon and Coleman in round 3 or 4.

12 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Braxton Berrios is strictly a slot receiver, but he's tough as nails, catches the ball consistently, returns punts, blocks well, and runs very good routes. He's going to be in the NFL for a long time serving as a role player to the superfreaks on the perimeter. I'd love him in Cleveland being flanked by Gordon and Coleman in round 3 or 4.

I fell in love with Ryan Switzer as a prospect. I thought as a slot guy and return man, he could do some solid things similar to Cole Beasley in Dallas.

That's kind of proving to be a mistake, and Berrios reminds me a lot of Switzer. Just tough to trust a guy like that after seeing a player he profiles so similarly to having such a difficult time transition to the league (Switzer can't even do a lick in the return game, an area he was suppose to be a 'safe' prospect in).

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

He's also a good blocker I think. I've noticed him when watching for Michel and Chubb.

Yeah he is.

This past weekend he was on a block and fell. Dont remember if it was Chubb or Michel running, but they made the guy miss. Wims got back up and made another block on a different player. 

11 hours ago, Da_Ducktator said:

I fell in love with Ryan Switzer as a prospect. I thought as a slot guy and return man, he could do some solid things similar to Cole Beasley in Dallas.

That's kind of proving to be a mistake, and Berrios reminds me a lot of Switzer. Just tough to trust a guy like that after seeing a player he profiles so similarly to having such a difficult time transition to the league (Switzer can't even do a lick in the return game, an area he was suppose to be a 'safe' prospect in).

They aren't similar though. They are both white and 5'9 and play in the slot, but Berrios is a much more tenacious player. He attacks the ball like a 6'3 guy. He isn't going to be as good as Steve Smith, but they compete for the football similarly. Berrios is like a slow Steve Smith IMO. And he's not that slow...just not going to tear the top off a defense like prime 89 did.

11 hours ago, Da_Ducktator said:

Ryan Switzer is a rookie, and he is stuck behind Cole Beasley . . . .

2 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Thoughts on Johnnie Dixon?

Inconsistent, reoccurring knee issues, not great size at 5'11 and 190/195, and I question his love for football after multiple teammates had to talk him into coming out and playing this year as a senior.

Some team based upon athleticism (assuming he's healthy) make take a flier on him in rounds 6-7 or as an UDFA.

Archived