2018 Draft Eligible WR Thread

CalhounLambeau

48 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Washington was an Olympic level 100M kid coming out of high school. If he runs over a 4.44 I'll be pretty surprised.

Yea people are trippin he's gonna be stupid fast and explosive in the jumps. 

Him, Pettis, Chark are who I expect to run the fastest

@MWil23 @IDOG_det

I had no idea he was that kind of athlete. I didn't see it on tape. It seemed like he was always covered. Plus I only watched the first 2 quarters of the senior bowl and didn't see him torching guys. If he can run in the 4.4 range, I'd not only be pleasantly surprised, but it would change the way I view him as a prospect. From watching him in-season, I felt that he was too short and too slow to be a high draft pick. A 4.4 40 from Washington puts him close to the end of the 1st round.

7 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Jester Weah? That'd be bizarre. He seems like a great possession WR to me, not a guy that can fly. He reminds me of TJ Whosyourmama. I love him, but wouldn't call him fast from the eye test.

He ran a faster 100 meter time in high school (10.7) than Henderson (10.8) and is from a family of (literal) world class athletes. Weah also averages over 20 YPC the last two years combined. Maybe he ends up not running fast, but a lot of factors suggest there is a good chance he does.

29 minutes ago, Da_Ducktator said:

He ran a faster 100 meter time in high school (10.7) than Henderson (10.8) and is from a family of (literal) world class athletes. Weah also averages over 20 YPC the last two years combined. Maybe he ends up not running fast, but a lot of factors suggest there is a good chance he does.

Wow that's crazy to me. If Weah is this fast, why is he not getting more pub? He's in my top 10 WR's for this class and this was me assuming he was slow. If he runs in the 4.4 range I might poop my pants. He has great hands, great size, runs great routes, has gotten off on some good secondaries, and did this with a pretty bad QB situation at Pitt.

22 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Jester Weah? That'd be bizarre. He seems like a great possession WR to me, not a guy that can fly. He reminds me of TJ Whosyourmama. I love him, but wouldn't call him fast from the eye test.

I usually watch the highlights of guys on youtube and the first name that comes to mind for this guy is Jerry Porter. Porter ran 4.48 at the combine and didn't look fast. Dude appears to be the exact same size.

Now Porter thought he was great and would have had a better career if he put in the effort instead of designing WWWE belts to wear around in practice.

23 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Wow that's crazy to me. If Weah is this fast, why is he not getting more pub? He's in my top 10 WR's for this class and this was me assuming he was slow. If he runs in the 4.4 range I might poop my pants. He has great hands, great size, runs great routes, has gotten off on some good secondaries, and did this with a pretty bad QB situation at Pitt.

Wish I knew why he wasn't talked about more. Seems like people would rather discuss Q, who realistically has no NFL position, because he is an okay return man. Weah is a far, far better prospect.

4 hours ago, Groink said:

This receiver class is pretty meh.

Agreed.  Outside of Antonio Callaway, I don't see any superstar talents.  I like Equinimeous St. Brown and could see him turning into a star.  Other than that, the only other receivers I'm intrigued by currently is Michael Gallup and James Washington.

Here are my current player comps for the WRs:

Antonio Callaway = Sterling Sharpe (Packers)

James Washington = Chris Chambers (Dolphins)

Courtland Sutton = JJ Stokes (49ers)

DJ Chark = Kevin Dyson (Titans)

Update on Jester Weah since I was actually wrong:

• Weah actually ran a 10.59 100-meter dash in high school. Actually had fellow WR prospect Daurice Fountain point that out to me.
  • I was watching the Pitt-NC State game yesterday since it's a game quietly loaded with a bunch of prospects. Turn that on if you want to see the highs and lows of Weah's game. There is inconsistency, but the guy certainly has the tools to be a productive receiver. 

17 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, he's not wrong.  It's lacking in the high-end talent.  You've got Calvin Ridley whose probably the best WR by default.

I agree that the top end of this WR class is not exciting.  Courtland Sutton does have a high potential ceiling, but he's not nearly as "can't miss" as many other #1 WR's in a draft class.  

However, I do like the depth of this class.  I think NFL teams will actually find some productive WR's for their team in the later rounds of this draft.  So, NFL teams have to be pretty excited about what they see, as long as they aren't a team with a top 10 pick who want to spend it on a WR.  With that said, I expect 3-4 WR's to come off the board on day 1 in the draft and a few on day 2 as well.  And Sutton has a good shot at coming off the board in the top 10.  I've seen a lot of mock's with him going to Chicago at #8.  I don't love that pick for the Bears.  But, he does have upside.

Archived