2018 Draft Eligible WR Thread

CalhounLambeau

On 2/15/2018 at 11:25 AM, Folesadelphia said:

What are everyone's thoughts on Richie James Middle Tennessee? His speed and agility drills will be interesting to see but I think he can become at the very least a solid slot receiver and good value toward the end of the draft.  

Jamison Crowder 2.0.

6 minutes ago, MD4L said:

People have **** on receivers in this draft and I disagree with that sentiment quite a bit. Some ballers if you scout hard enough.

I don't think people hate the depth. There are a plethora of #2-#3 type WR's in this draft. It's just devoid of star power and that is pretty undeniable if you look at the top. Calvin Ridley is the only WR I think deserves to go in the 1st round.

When looking ahead to what is likely to be available AFTER round 4, it's insane. You could find your #2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 WR spots all between rounds 5-7 this year.

1 minute ago, Forge said:

How does everyone feel about Jordan Lasley? Obviously, a lot of issues there, but throwing those out, where would he rank in terms of pure talent? Where would you be comfortable taking him? 

Just watched him exclusively for the first time today. Very impressive WR with good size, good hands, great speed, and great RAC ability. He looks like an early 2nd rounder based on tape, but supposedly he's a scumbag. Safe bet he'll go in the 3rd round.

Just now, BleedTheClock said:

I don't think people hate the depth. There are a plethora of #2-#3 type WR's in this draft. It's just devoid of star power and that is pretty undeniable if you look at the top. Calvin Ridley is the only WR I think deserves to go in the 1st round.

When looking ahead to what is likely to be available AFTER round 4, it's insane. You could find your #2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 WR spots all between rounds 5-7 this year.

No disrespect to Ridley, but he is not my number one WR. That distinction belongs to another WR (not Sutton).

I agree the depth is solid. I really like guys like DJ Moore (r. 2-3) and Steve Ishmael(4-5). The latter guy has got zero love since off season activities began.

Just now, MD4L said:

No disrespect to Ridley, but he is not my number one WR. That distinction belongs to another WR (not Sutton).

I agree the depth is solid. I really like guys like DJ Moore (r. 2-3) and Steve Ishmael(4-5). The latter guy has got zero love since off season activities began.

Well who is it?

2 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Just watched him exclusively for the first time today. Very impressive WR with good size, good hands, great speed, and great RAC ability. He looks like an early 2nd rounder based on tape, but supposedly he's a scumbag. Safe bet he'll go in the 3rd round.

Yeah, I mean, what i've seen of him, I like him a lot more from a talent perspective than guys like Sutton, who's may go in the first round. But man...always sketchy with those off the field problems. I think I'd be willing to chance him in the third. 

Kirk can lineup at all the receiver spots, he's got the deep speed to attack safety help, can be used for gadget purposes and runs a traditional route tree. Provided his QB is above average I see no reason he won't immediately provide help for a team.

FYI: Ishmael broke Marvin Harrison receiving record, was the only unanimous all ACC vote on offense and dropped legit lines against LSU (11-121-TD), FSU (12-143-TD), and Clemson (6-73-TD). FSU put Jalen Ramsey on him for most of the game during his sophomore season when they ran a more traditional offense. Teams seemingly have respected his game more than the media.

Might as well bring the visuals.

The reception he makes at the 1:00 mark. Watch how he high points the ball at the 1:48 mark. 2:22 v combine invite Avonte Maddox, 4:05 v combine invite Tavarus McFadden, 5:11, 6:10, and 6:59. 

I find it hard pressed to attribute the successes of those plays simply to an uptempo system. 

1 hour ago, MD4L said:

Might as well bring the visuals.

The reception he makes at the 1:00 mark. Watch how he high points the ball at the 1:48 mark. 2:22 v combine invite Avonte Maddox, 4:05 v combine invite Tavarus McFadden, 5:11, 6:10, and 6:59. 

I find it hard pressed to attribute the successes of those plays simply to an uptempo system. 

I'll say this, whatever team drafts him and says "just run straight down the field" he's gonna be a day 1 contributor.....

Archived