2018 Draft Eligible WR Thread

CalhounLambeau

13 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Ya know, people are hating on this WR class, but Calvin Ridley and Anthony Miller are going to be very effective players on Sundays imo.

Miller I’m sold on.  Ridley just scares me that frame looks like a guy who can be broken in 2.   Can’t deny the route running chops.  

Huge diff in value though - Miller could slide to early rd 3 while Ridley seems destined to be a top 20-25 pick.   If Ozzie Newsome somehow resists taking him lol.  

14 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Ya know, people are hating on this WR class, but Calvin Ridley and Anthony Miller are going to be very effective players on Sundays imo.

And there are a ton of potential guys that are going to go way later than they probably should.

Antonio Callaway, Jester Weah, Braxton Berrios, ESB, Austin Proehl, Auden Tate, Deon Cain, and Dante Pettis are all going to be good pro WR's in my opinion. None of those guys are really worthy of going in the first two rounds (callaway off-field kills him), but any of those guys in R3 or later and I think you've got yourself a steal. Hard to imagine any of those guys not being at least a #4 WR in the rotation for someone. I like this class a lot, but if you're looking for the ht/wt/spd freak as pretty much everyone is, you won't find it this year.

Oh, and I'm still on the "Calvin Ridley is a legitimate #1 WR" train.

49 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Did Anthony Miller run at his pro day yet? I'm curious to see what kind of athletic times he put up. I know he tested much stronger than most thought he would at the combine, but I want to see if he can run under a 4.5 40 yard dash.

He was said to be only 70+ percent of the way back at his pro day, so I believe he's unlikely to do the 40.  It's on Monday.   I don't think he'll be able to prove where his top end speed is at.

To me, that's fine - it gives him the chance to be the next Keenan Allen draft-return wise (not quite the same player type, but that was an amazing steal at the time - shows what happens when you run an awful Combine time <and how flawed straight-line speed can be, but Allen was not 100 percent from his PCL injury regardless>, and teams don't realize you're still not healthy).

Calloway is IMO by far the most talented WR this draft.   But man he’s not helping himself with comments like these.   The media is not the problem here.  Lack of insight is going to be a huge issue with teams trying to evaluate where to take him...

Antonio, the media isn't portraying you as anything that you aren't.  Take accountability for your own actions, don't blame outside sources for problems of your own making.  You say let your actions speak for you.  Well, so far they already have.  You better have a quick attitude adjustment or wake-up call, or you won't be long for the league.

21 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Calloway is IMO by far the most talented WR this draft.   But man he’s not helping himself with comments like these.   The media is not the problem here.  Lack of insight is going to be a huge issue with teams trying to evaluate where to take him...

I said it a bit earlier in this thread but I came across a few of Callaways interviews on youtube and the guy doesn't seem all the way there. 

3 hours ago, brownie man said:

Courtland Sutton = Brandon Marshall

Not even close IMO. They have similar size, but that's about it. Brandon Marshall was a freaking monster with the football in his hands. He was extremely polished as a route runner and never let anything hit the ground. Sutton plays the game like a much smaller WR. Marshall, despite being 6'4, played even bigger than that. I can't imagine Sutton all of a sudden becoming a superstar badarse of a WR like Brandon Marshall.

18 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

39 inch vert too

Nice. I needed him to run under 4.5 to be sold on his vertical speed. He's such a good route runner that separation comes naturally for him. I was hoping he had the speed to back up his ability to separate. I always think about Rashad Greene from FSU. He made a ton of plays and created a lot of separation, but wasn't a great athlete. It has killed him in the NFL, as he simply can't run away from NFL corners. Miller's times indicate that he should be able to separate with his combo of savvy and speed.

Archived