Share Your 53 Man Roster Predictions

Cadmus

23 minutes ago, MrBobGray said:

I don't really know what they see in Waters. 

Really curious that you want to keep Rollins though.  I've liked Q since day 1, I really like his attitude from what I've seen, how he carries himself and how he responds to struggles, but...I mean, he's a 26 year old 5'11 DB who never could really run who looks like he's lost several more steps with the achilles', on the last year of his contract and who probably wouldn't see the field period this year.  It's hard for me to give up a roster spot for that on the hope that we can resign him as a UFA next season to maybe make a shift to S.  The only thing that does make me consider it is how ugly the Packers' S group is at the moment, and their total lack of a good center fielder.  I mean, I wouldn't be mad if they do it, I will never not root for him, just don't think I could make that move personally.

That makes two of us on Waters. Waters and Brown put out some pretty bad film this preseason. 

I just like/trust Rollins enough that I'd keep him around for one more look at safety while he's still dirt cheap. Kinda a poor mans Hyde at this point in that you can sleep better knowing he can put on a few gameday hats if need be to get you out of a game. Damn shame they didn't move him to safety sooner though.

3 minutes ago, palmy50 said:

That makes two of us on Waters. Waters and Brown put out some pretty bad film this preseason. 

I just like/trust Rollins enough that I'd keep him around for one more look at safety while he's still dirt cheap. Kinda a poor mans Hyde at this point in that you can sleep better knowing he can put on a few gameday hats if need be to get you out of a game. Damn shame they didn't move him to safety sooner though.

This x1000.  I guess I can see that viewpoint, it certainly gives them more flexibility in the active roster.  At the same time though, I'm not sure I have the faith in Q to even get them out of a game at CB at this point.  I feel marginally better with him at nickle, but...I mean I guess really, I just see Rollins as not NFL caliber at this point in any corner role.  I can't decide if I'm being way too harsh though.  There are parts of his game that make me stop and reconsider, but every single time he goes for the PBU he misses it.  The lack of length and the lack of good coverage instincts is just such a tough combo for a guy who isn't a monster athlete.  

I have a hard time letting go of Evans too, although I know that's just me liking a player.  I really like him playing the Robber in Cover-1; if he could do more than lay the wood he'd be such a fun safety.  Being honest though, I'd probably roll with Greene over him from what I've seen of Greene; seems a little twitchier and sees it better.  

The rest of the roster seems pretty set to me.  This was a really disappointing 4th game, as I feel that none of the bubble guys really did much to earn a spot outside of Tonyan and Greene.  The roster I had going in was more or less the roster I had coming out, which I don't generally love.  

Blown coverages will kill you though. Rollins will get beat more often than I'd like pending circumstance but he'll know his responsibilities every time. I'd still like to see what he could be by years end at safety also. Worth the look while he's still cheap anyway. 

18 minutes ago, palmy50 said:

Blown coverages will kill you though. Rollins will get beat more often than I'd like pending circumstance but he'll know his responsibilities every time. I'd still like to see what he could be by years end at safety also. Worth the look while he's still cheap anyway. 

Palmy, my thinking was that was why the staff were trying him on KR and PR duties. He'd be worth a look at S and possibly the roster if they like what he did in PR duties. I thought he wasn't bad, and you hope he never has to play at all.

QB: 2

Rodgers

Kizer

RB: 3

Williams

Jones

Monty

FB: 1

Rip

TE: 3

Graham 

Lewis

Tonyan

WR: 7

Adams

Cobb

Allison

MVS

Kumerow

EQ

Moore

OL: 9

Bak

Bulaga

Taylor

Linsley

McCray

Spriggs

Bell

Murphy

Day

DL: 5

Daniels

Clark

Mo Wilk

Adams

Lowery

ILB: 4

Martinez

Burks

Morrison

Thomas

EDGE: 5

Matthews 

Perry

Gilbert

Biegel

Donnerson

CB: 6

Kevin King

Josh Jackson

Tramon Williams

Jaire Alexander

Davon House

Herb Waters

S: 5

Haha

Brice

Jones

Evans

Greene

Special teams: 3 

Crosby

Scott

Insert long snapper here.

Just came across a little blurb on the IR rules. It said a player has to make the 53 first in order to be eligible to be put on IR.
Not sure how all of that works in terms of paperwork and timing, but apparently you can't go directly from the 90 to the IR

Anybody got any insight on this ?

6 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Just came across a little blurb on the IR rules. It said a player has to make the 53 first in order to be eligible to be put on IR.
Not sure how all of that works in terms of paperwork and timing, but apparently you can't go directly from the 90 to the IR

That's correct.  They're not eligible to be activated from the IR if they don't make the 53 man.

10 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Just to add a bit to what @CWood21 said, you can go directly from the 90 to IR, it's just that you can't return during the season in that case like he said.

QB: Rodgers / Kizer / Boyle [3/3]
RB: Williams / Montgomery / Bouagnon / Ripkowski [4/7]
TE: Graham / Lewis / Kendricks [3/10]
WR: Adams / Cobb / Allison / Moore / MVS / ESB [6/16]
OL: Bakh / Taylor / Linsley / McCray / Bulaga / Spriggs / Bell / Patrick / Pankey [9/25]

DL: Daniels / Clark / Wilkerson / Adams / Lowry / Looney [6/31]
OLB: Matthews / Perry / Gilbert / Fackrell / Biegel / Donnerson [6/37]
ILB: Martinez / Burks / Morrison / Thomas [4/41]
CB: Tramon / King / Jaire / Jackson / House / Rollins [6/45]
S: HHCD / Brice / Jones / Greene [4/49]

ST: Crosby / Scott / Triner [3/53]

1 hour ago, palmy50 said:

Touche, that's a good point.  I'll admit you've brought me around on this one.  I like Q quite a bit so any good reason to keep him I'm on board with, and I have to admit I'm curious what he could be at safety.  He's an aggressive and willing tackler with solid ball skills, and right now the Packers don't have a safety that excites me playing deep.

7 minutes ago, palmy50 said:

No clue if they'll keep him. But I was told a few weeks back he's assignment sure at CB, S, OTB, KR, and PR. Those guys are hard to cut when their still cheap. 

His punt returns were really solid. His lack of foot speed was noticeable, but he broke tackles and he didn't let them hit the turf. He's also been invisible at safety this preseason, which I take as a good thing. NFL game pass doesn't have the All-22 for preseason so I couldn't actually watch him, but he seemed very capable. And again, that's a very intelligent guy with a lot of experience in two different sports, so I can definitely imagine he's very assignment sure. 

There's a part of me that thinks he could be something in that center field role. His lack of speed is an issue, but he's smart and he can play the ball in the air.  I honestly hope he sticks around, and maybe we all get to find out! 

1 hour ago, Beast said:

Did anyone have OT Light or ILB Crawford in their mock 53s? :P

I knew one person that said OT Light, but I don't know if he was serious, I guess he was... or will claim he was :P

Had him mocked in my practice squad.

Archived