Share Your 53 Man Roster Predictions

Cadmus

39 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

Can someone explain the positives of keeping 3 QBs to me? It’s not going to build Hundley’s value , and even if he’s better than Keizer right now (doubtful) it’s not by much. 

I don't just give Hundley away I can tell you that. It's a damn shame he's had a couple camp injuries that's slowed his development but it sure looks like he's taken that next step. You can't let what happened last year happen again. That crap will cost people their jobs at this level every time and it should.

It's a shame Hundley wasn't ready last year and it cost the Packers dearly. I don't hold that against Hundley now like some fans seemingly want to though. 

Hundley looks like a damn solid backup option on a team that looks to be close. I play that thing out and take the comp pick if he moves on next year.  

7 minutes ago, palmy50 said:

I don't just give Hundley away I can tell you that. It's a damn shame he's had a couple camp injuries that's slowed his development but it sure looks like he's taken that next step. You can't let what happened last year happen again. That crap will cost people their jobs at this level every time and it should.

It's a shame Hundley wasn't ready last year and it cost the Packers dearly. I don't hold that against Hundley now like some fans seemingly want to though. 

Hundley looks like a damn solid backup option on a team that looks to be close. I play that thing out and take the comp pick if he moves on next year.  

Mr. August! I'd cut Hundley with no reservations. 

9 minutes ago, palmy50 said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but aren’t comp picks sorta dependant on money received in free agency? With his tape,is he really going to sign anything significant? What’s the ceiling value wise we could get for him ? (without him playing a regular season game this year)

2 minutes ago, Golfman said:

IMO Hundley lacks the arm talent needed to truly excel at this level. I would never cry over losing a player like that. Was just playing devils advocate there. 

Like it or not though, players like Hundley do hold value in this league. One needs to look no further than last year's Packers season to see why. If ya still need more evidence watch the Super Bowl. 

3 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but aren’t comp picks sorta dependant on money received in free agency? With his tape,is he really going to sign anything significant? What’s the ceiling value wise we could get for him ? (without him playing a regular season game this year)

None of us have any way of knowing that. It only takes one though and Hundley is easy to love and has some intriguing parts. My core issue with him in Green Bay is that you can't run Rodgers playbook with him because of the arm talent difference. Fact is, the rest of the league doesn't have Rodgers. I have zero doubts he could run a few books quite well though(Dallas/Seattle come to mind). 

12 minutes ago, Golfman said:

I wouldn't call him Mr. August. He was not good in the preseason last year. His stats were not bad, but that's because he was throwing short passes. He was afraid to throw the ball downfield, and as a result the offense scored very few points with him in the preseason. That performance, unfortunately, carried over into the regular season. He looks way better this year than he did in last year's preseason. He looks confident, and he's not afraid to throw the ball downfield. His accuracy is much better too. 

26 minutes ago, palmy50 said:

I see the logic here - as well as your following comment that you'd never cry losing a player like that.....but let me make a totally arbitrary  proposition: If the roster decision came down to Hundley for another year (perhaps longer if events warrant it.....) or Kumerow  -  which trigger would you pull?

Granted you can swap any number of on the bubble candidates - but interested in your thoughts based on positional considerations.

6 minutes ago, Greg C. said:

I wouldn't call him Mr. August. He was not good in the preseason last year. His stats were not bad, but that's because he was throwing short passes. He was afraid to throw the ball downfield, and as a result the offense scored very few points with him in the preseason. That performance, unfortunately, carried over into the regular season. He looks way better this year than he did in last year's preseason. He looks confident, and he's not afraid to throw the ball downfield. His accuracy is much better too. 

Wasn't he hurt last year in TC and played very little in preseason?

3 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Wasn't he hurt last year in TC and played very little in preseason?

I believe you're thinking of his second year TC/PS which was lost to injury. The factor that muddied up last year was the mess of an OL during the PS which made the QB play difficult to assess.

11 minutes ago, palmy50 said:

None of us have any way of knowing that. It only takes one though and Hundley is easy to love and has some intriguing parts. My core issue with him in Green Bay is that you can't run Rodgers playbook with him because of the arm talent difference. Fact is, the rest of the league doesn't have Rodgers. I have zero doubts he could run a few books quite well though(Dallas/Seattle come to mind). 

This.

RPO's, more plays out of the gun, pistol formations, etc.  MM never gave him a chance to play to his strengths.

20 minutes ago, Leader said:

I see the logic here - as well as your following comment that you'd never cry losing a player like that.....but let me make a totally arbitrary  proposition: If the roster decision came down to Hundley for another year (perhaps longer if events warrant it.....) or Kumerow  -  which trigger would you pull?

Granted you can swap any number of on the bubble candidates - but interested in your thoughts based on positional considerations.

Cutting Kumerow will never cost me my job. I keep the QB 100 out of 100 times. As you said though, that's not an apples to apples conversation. 

39 minutes ago, palmy50 said:

IMO Hundley lacks the arm talent needed to truly excel at this level. I would never cry over losing a player like that. Was just playing devils advocate there. 

Like it or not though, players like Hundley do hold value in this league. One needs to look no further than last year's Packers season to see why. If ya still need more evidence watch the Super Bowl. 

You really feel it's the arm? Granted no one in the league has Rodgers total arm talent but I've always seen Hundley as above average there. To me it's the head. He knows what he should do, sees it, but then once he's out there he doesn't trust it. I saw him double clutch so many balls he should have fired away last year and either threw late or took sacks. Hundley has always been impressive to me in camp, Mac's done a real nice job with him fundamentally, I just don't know if he'll ever get to the place where he has total trust for the play and WR to let that ball go when it need to.

37 minutes ago, palmy50 said:

Fair enough. We have a lot of time invested in him, I’m sure if they believe they can salvage or increase his value then they’ll keep him .

Archived