Share Your 53 Man Roster Predictions

Cadmus

IF Pettine is gonna play more 3 DL looks....then isn't there more value in keeping a 6th DL than a guy like RB Mays who you can find after cut - downs ?
Seems like an extra DL would have more positional value ( could say the same about OL too)

One of Mbu, Looney and Lancaster might have a shot

3 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

IF Pettine is gonna play more 3 DL looks....then isn't there more value in keeping a 6th DL than a guy like RB Mays who you can find after cut - downs ?
Seems like an extra DL would have more positional value ( could say the same about OL too)

One of Mbu, Looney and Lancaster might have a shot

Absolutely! I usually keep track of what the normal rosters numbers are, but since we got a new guy I went back and looked up his normal defensive rosters numbers too.

Packers (MM) 3-4 norm: 5 DL, 6 OLB,  3 ILB, 5 S and 6 CBs (not long ago is was 4 ILB and 4 S but that has been changing semi-recently)

Pettine's 3-4 norm (last 4): 7 DL, 4 OLB, 4 ILB, 4 S and 6 CBs.

So I've been sorta trying to average those out for my mock rosters. With something like: 6 DL, 5 OLB, 4 ILB, 4 S and 6 CBs.

Of course most of my have been 3 ILB and 6 OLB just because ILB has seemed so thin since the Ryan injury and OLB looked deeper.

Post Hundley Trade Mock

QB    (3) Rodgers, Kizer, Boyle
RB    (2*) Williams, Montgomery   (Jones at bottom)
FB    (1) Ripkowski        
TE    (3) Graham, Kendricks, Lewis
WR    (7) Adams, Cobb, Allison, Kumerow, Moore, MVS, EQ
OT    (4) Bakhtiari, Bulaga, Spriggs, Murphy    
OG    (3) Taylor, McCray, Pankey    
OC    (2) Linsley, Patrick

DT    (3) Daniels, Clark, Adams    
DE    (3) Wilkerson, Lowry, Looney    
OLB    (5) Matthews, Perry, Gilbert, Fackrell, Biegel
ILB    (4) Martinez, Burks, Thomas, Morrison
CB    (6) Williams, King, House, Alexander, Jackson, Rollins
FS    (4) Clinton-Dix, Brice, Whitehead, Jones    

ST    (3) Crosby, Scott, Triner

Suspension: RB Jones

Just missed my 53 man mock roster: RB Mays, RB Bouagnon, TE Tonyan, WR Davis, OL Bell, ILB Martini, OLB Donnerson, CB Hawkins, CB Waters, S Evans, LS Bradley

Those last LB spots are the hardest for me (especially throwing in Morrison), but I feel like I could make a case for Martini and Donnerson over Morrison and Biegel, but I just had to take someone and I haven't seen much of Donnerson lately (though I love his physical potential)... and Morrison is the new guy.

Also feel completely unsure were the Packers stand with STers like WR Davis and S Evans. They haven't done much at their position, but they're ST studs and have a shot at one of the last positions and I could see making it even if the didn't play the best in preseason. But who do you cut for WR Davis? ... or maybe better yet asked... who's offering what for one of the WRs in trade?

On 6/15/2018 at 8:53 AM, Cadmus said:

Now that OTAs and Minicamp are over... 

Give me your 53 Man Roster Predictions. Here's mine.

QB: Aaron Rodgers, DeShone Kizer [2/2]  Hundley gets moved at final cuts for a conditional late RD pick.

WR: Davante Adams, Randall Cobb, Geronimo Allison, J'Mon Moore, Equanimeous St. Brown, Marquez Valdes-Scantling [6/12] 

Top 2 are locks. J'Mon Moore is a near-lock. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if all 3 rookies made the roster. I expect Kumerow and Davis to push for a spot on the 53 Man Roster. If Davis doesn't make the final roster I suspect he will be claimed by someone else. Yancey was the worst WR in TC last year, and I hope the weight loss has a positive effect, but I sincerely doubt it. IMHO  the Michael Clark experiment was DOA as soon as the Packers drafted 3 big, tall, and fast WRs. Honestly believe based on what I saw in TC last year that Clark's performance and "wow" moments may have inadvertently lead to his own demise.

Lucas Patrick remains (IMHO) one of the most underappreciated players on the OL and I believe that his versatility makes him a "near" roster lock.

Adam Pankey deserves recognition and he deserves a spot on a 53 Man Roster somewhere in the NFL. It certainly wouldn't surprise me if he pushes Murphy off the roster as he's more talented than most give him credit for

This post was from way back on June 15th  and I just wanted to highlight some of the excellent calls made by Cadmus way back then - He called the Hundley trade, the demise of Clark,  emergence of Kumerow, and gave kudos to Patrick and to Pankey - all of which have come to fruition. Some of these seem more self-evident now at the end of August, but at the time - this just wasn't the case and nobody was pimping Kumerow, Patrick or Pankey in June

We spend an inordinate amount of time on this board ripping the dumbasses around here - I just thought I'd balance it out a bit by highlighting some of the great insight we are treated to here in the Titletown forum .

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

This post was from way back on June 15th  and I just wanted to highlight some of the excellent calls made by Cadmus way back then - He called the Hundley trade, the demise of Clark,  emergence of Kumerow, and gave kudos to Patrick and to Pankey - all of which have come to fruition. Some of these seem more self-evident now at the end of August, but at the time - this just wasn't the case and nobody was pimping Kumerow, Patrick or Pankey in June

We spend an inordinate amount of time on this board ripping the dumbasses around here - I just thought I'd balance it out a bit by highlighting some of the great insight we are treated to here in the Titletown forum .

Cad is a god. I said earlier that he was telling me about Mack at Buffalo before he was on the radar of any scouting sights. Pretty sure he told me about Bostick before we signed him (that one sounds bad now lol)

21 hours ago, Beast said:

Post Hundley Trade Mock

QB    (3) Rodgers, Kizer, Boyle
RB    (2*) Williams, Montgomery   (Jones at bottom)
FB    (1) Ripkowski        
TE    (3) Graham, Kendricks, Lewis
WR    (7) Adams, Cobb, Allison, Kumerow, Moore, MVS, EQ
OT    (4) Bakhtiari, Bulaga, Spriggs, Murphy    
OG    (3) Taylor, McCray, Pankey    
OC    (2) Linsley, Patrick

DT    (3) Daniels, Clark, Adams    
DE    (3) Wilkerson, Lowry, Looney    
OLB    (5) Matthews, Perry, Gilbert, Fackrell, Biegel
ILB    (4) Martinez, Burks, Thomas, Morrison
CB    (6) Williams, King, House, Alexander, Jackson, Rollins
FS    (4) Clinton-Dix, Brice, Whitehead, Jones    

ST    (3) Crosby, Scott, Triner

Suspension: RB Jones

Just missed my 53 man mock roster: RB Mays, RB Bouagnon, TE Tonyan, WR Davis, OL Bell, ILB Martini, OLB Donnerson, CB Hawkins, CB Waters, S Evans, LS Bradley

Those last LB spots are the hardest for me (especially throwing in Morrison), but I feel like I could make a case for Martini and Donnerson over Morrison and Biegel, but I just had to take someone and I haven't seen much of Donnerson lately (though I love his physical potential)... and Morrison is the new guy.

Also feel completely unsure were the Packers stand with STers like WR Davis and S Evans. They haven't done much at their position, but they're ST studs and have a shot at one of the last positions and I could see making it even if the didn't play the best in preseason. But who do you cut for WR Davis? ... or maybe better yet asked... who's offering what for one of the WRs in trade?

The only way that you keep seven WR for me is if Davis is kept as ST. 

Every year we have a queue of project receivers that people want to keep ?  How many of these ever move from a project to being a serious player. Not very many is probably the answer. Its probably the worst result off drafting so many late round guys - ideally we would want to stand out to contribute now, one to flop and be an obvious cut and maybe one to be a project. We have the worst possible result with no genuine number 3 but a load of players we want to keep in case they turn into that player.

I'd probably bin off Geronimo. Problem is he's never going to be good enough to be a difference maker but he's good enough to be a road block in stopping the others get serious game time. If the younger guys don't step up can always use more 2 TE sets.

Adams, Cobb, Kumerow, Moore, MVS, Davis

Davis needs to be both kick and punt returned and gunning to make the roster. EQ would depend on how they feel about other positions. If there's room then fine otherwise let him go - there are players like this every year. Make a decision on which of Moore, MVS and EQ is the best prospect and let the other go

14 minutes ago, mikemike778 said:

Every year we have a queue of project receivers that people want to keep ?  How many of these ever move from a project to being a serious player. Not very many is probably the answer.

You don't know it, but you're preaching to the choir... every year I say no to 7 WRs... so why am I saying yes this year? Because I honestly don't see any better choose on the current roster. The 7th WR is better than the last guy almost at any other position and that's the reason I got them. I'm not saying they should keep 7 WRs... I'm saying they should keep the best 53. It just so happens that there are 7 WRs in the best 53 this year.

You said who you wanted to cut, but you never said who's better and why.

19 minutes ago, mikemike778 said:

The only way that you keep seven WR for me is if Davis is kept as ST.

I don't want to put Davis or Mays in my mocks until they prove they can actually stay healthy and not fumble for a game this year and so far they haven't done it (but very well might tonight). But they certainly haven't earned a spot by what they've done in this years training camp and if they make it, it's more about them being lucky other guys didn't fill their spots.

21 minutes ago, mikemike778 said:

Adams, Cobb, Kumerow, Moore, MVS, Davis

Davis needs to be both kick and punt returned and gunning to make the roster. EQ would depend on how they feel about other positions. If there's room then fine otherwise let him go - there are players like this every year. Make a decision on which of Moore, MVS and EQ is the best prospect and let the other go

All 3 rookie WRs have shown enough potential to be kept on the roster and should be protected. It's nonsense to just let one go for no reason...

You want to cut all these guys... who are you adding to replace them? All 3 rookies have shown more potential at WR in one training camp than Davis has in 3 training camp.

9 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Appreciate the love. 

I'm a HUGE fan of everything you bring to the Packers Forum @Shanedorf

7 hours ago, Norm said:

Cad is a god. I said earlier that he was telling me about Mack at Buffalo before he was on the radar of any scouting sights. Pretty sure he told me about Bostick before we signed him (that one sounds bad now lol)

I recall both of these interactions haha. 

I told you about Mack, and you were like "you mean the guy who's ranked #47 in the NFLDS DE rankings 2+ years from now"? 

All you wanted to talk about was Sam Montgomery. 

I'll always cherish those PSD times with you Norm. 

2 minutes ago, Cadmus said:

I recall both of these interactions haha. 

I told you about Mack, and you were like "you mean the guy who's ranked #47 in the NFLDS DE rankings 2+ years from now"? 

All you wanted to talk about was Sam Montgomery. 

I'll always cherish those PSD times with you Norm. 

Sam Montgomery, Jesus. I have erased that from my brain I guess.

I remember looking at nflds to this day lol. I was like yeah, sure bud. Then again I remember talking about bortles when he was 999th bs on there, I win? Not to you obviously. Doug Martin was another one like that 

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

Sam Montgomery, Jesus. I have erased that from my brain I guess.

I remember looking at nflds to this day lol. I was like yeah, sure bud. Then again I remember talking about bortles when he was 999th bs on there

I'm sure it didn't help my case that he played for Buffalo in the MAC conference. 

Just now, Norm said:

It does though. You spotted him while all these paid super scouts didn't lol

No, I meant specifically... when I was trying to convince YOU that Mack was gonna be a stud in the NFL. 

You  probably looked at #47 DE on NFLDS, looked at the team he plays for, looked at the conference he played in, and you probably thought "Cad is totally nuts". 

5 minutes ago, Cadmus said:

No, I meant specifically... when I was trying to convince YOU that Mack was gonna be a stud in the NFL. 

You  probably looked at #47 DE on NFLDS, looked at the team he plays for, looked at the conference he played in, and you probably thought "Cad is totally nuts". 

I don't think I really doubted you. I never do. Maybe then I did. Was a while ago lol

Archived